Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fill and sign Policy protected document

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I need my clients to be able to fill and comment on a restricted document on mobile devices. When they open it in the acrobat app, it says it is a policy-protected PDF which is not supported by the Fill and Sign tool, even though I can fill and sign just fine on my desktop.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds similar another question posted (I just found out today link below ) There some insite which might help. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile/highlighting-text-using-adobe-reader-on-ipad/td...

Good to know that much like the fill and sign problem. If Your PDF document is encrypted.  Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad does not support saving changes to encrypted PDF documents.  This is a limitation in Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did anybody ever reply to your problem, did you resolve the issue as I got the same question? need help, please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem - works fine with Acrobat Reader on Mac laptop but the same pdf document gets the "policy-protected" error message using Acrobat Reader on the Android tablet.  All suggestions welcome. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat Reader on the Mac laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this same problem works great until I protect my document. After I do  I get policy protected pdf error. ... opening in mac or PC really isn't friendly. I would like to sit with a client fill out the information say on a phone. The share the completed copy with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't protect the document and it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to have some security and mobile use... I get it lots of apps can "crack" a pdf open .... but it would be  nice have some hurdle for people to climb before being able to alter documents beyond its intended use 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe its a bug. Getit fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  I can highlight a PDF on my PC, but as soon as I open it in the Android App, I get this error message.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youre getting a error message opening the pdf on the mobile app? Or you having an issue trying to use editable fields on mobile? I can say issue I mention in my old post here is still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. I can open the PDF in the Andriod App, and I can even see all of the highlights I made on my PC.  The issue is when I try to highlight more text in the App.  Then I get the error message.  That is really frustrating that this is still an issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds similar another question posted (I just found out today link below ) There some insite which might help. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile/highlighting-text-using-adobe-reader-on-ipad/td...

Good to know that much like the fill and sign problem. If Your PDF document is encrypted.  Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad does not support saving changes to encrypted PDF documents.  This is a limitation in Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines