• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable forms

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Created a form in adobe that contains checkboxes, drop down date calendar, signature line and an email to button.

2.  Works great on desktop computer windows OS

3.  Sent created PDF document to Dropbox on ipad

4.  downloaded adobe Reader on iPad and synced to dropbox

5.  dropbox documents sync fantastic to adobe acrobat reader and look good, but cannot make use of any fillable fields

6.  pop-up says need adobe dc which is not available on iPad as far as I know

7.  Loaded adobe fill and sign.  Won’t import checklist document says not xft document or something?

is there an adobe program I can download on iPad to create living checklist DJ one filled out I can email to someone for filing?

i also noticed PDF docs in sign and fill don’t sync with reader to keep versions up to date?

thanks folks,

Mike

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader for iOS doesn't support this kind of forms.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's how the iOS app works, because there is no "save" function.  Like all iOS apps, All changes are instantly saved. This is because iOS will close down apps constantly, without warning, and otherwise you'd lose half-filled forms. Perhaps you can put a Reset button. Don't be tempted to do an auto-reset on open.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create the form in LiveCycle Designer or Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live cycle Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader for iOS doesn't support this kind of forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd what if I in app upgrade to Adobe pro DC on the iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro is not available for iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  Any other suggestions that I can create a checklist in for reader or am I plain out of luck?  I tried fill and sign on the iOS but it does not sync new doc's with the Dropbox/Adobe configuration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the form in Adobe Acrobat, not LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd,

I've followed your advice and it worked but I've hit a stumbling block.  I've created the form in Acrobat, placed in in Dropbox and then open the form in Reader on my ipad which is linked to Dropbox.

Question is, I open the form in Reader, fill some of the form fields and check boxes and then email the form with the email button I created at the bottom.  It emails great but the form stays filled out?  I would like the form to revert to a blank form after its emailed or closed out?  Is this possible?

Thanks again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's how the iOS app works, because there is no "save" function.  Like all iOS apps, All changes are instantly saved. This is because iOS will close down apps constantly, without warning, and otherwise you'd lose half-filled forms. Perhaps you can put a Reset button. Don't be tempted to do an auto-reset on open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar issues using Windows. Sent "test" to a co-worker who is using Adobe Reader and the date chooser field is no longer there; the mandatory fields in red on my app isn't red on Reader; can't sign the document, and the buttons to save, submit, etc. are not working. See form below

Lynn324121208h83_0-1705497778340.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lynn324121208h83,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader Mobile.

Are these action buttons created from the form builder, or do they use JavaScript? If there is JaveScript usage, they will not work with mobile editions of Acrobat.

If the form has a mailto: action and a date field added at the time of creation, it should work.

Would you mind sharing the file with me over a private message to test in-house? 

[To send a private message, click on my profile name-> click the blue button saying "Send a Message" on the next page.]

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines