Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filled forms are still editable after creating a signature

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I am using the Acrobat Reader Mobile ("Adobe Acrobat Reader: PDF Viewer, Editor & Creator") for signing and filling simple PDF forms. I have noticed that after filling, signing, saving and sharing the form via the e-mail the shared PDF/form is still editable (despite the notice that signed and saved forms will not be editable after saving).

The application version is 20.0.1.11139 and the Android version is 7.1.2.

Can you help me in this matter please?

Best regards

Viktor

TOPICS
Android , PDF forms , Security or signature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-Adobe apps may still allow editing. Of course, this will leave the signature as invalid, so it is easy to detect when validating. (Think of the locking after signing as a convenience to reduce errors, not a kind of security).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened the signed and filled PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro X and the fields were not read only, even in the mobile app the document fields could be fully editable again. So it seems the document is not locked in any way as it should be according to the displayed information/warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I am having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

as I know, this is by design (the form needs to be flattened for instance and it is not). I ended up using another app to sign and flatten/lock the PDF form.

Regards

Viktor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, coming back to the original problem - signed on the mobile app - locking is a property of digital signatures. Digital signatures - with a certificate - can't be done in the mobile app, so far as I know. So, I would expect locking after signing (really, just stamping or scribbling) in the mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish it were that simple, seems it might have been on previous versions...

I imagine it to be a bug in the app if Viktor had the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines