• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find text in PDF doc [iOS]

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, just wondering if I can search for a word within a doc on my iphone/ipad app. I used to be able to but can't anymore??

‌

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tap the magnifier icon in the bottom bar to start search after you open a PDF document.  (No keyboard shortcuts are available in Acrobat Reader for iOS on iPad/iPhone.)

Please take a look at the last section (titled: "Searching within a file") in the following online Help documentation for more details.

Adobe Acrobat Help for iOS: Navigation

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does the problem happen with a particular PDF document or many PDF documents?

Would you press & hold over text to see if you can actually select the text?

TextSelection.png

If you are not able to select text, it means that your PDF document is likely a scanned PDF.

A scanned PDF document contains images of text, not real text.  That's why Acrobat Reader cannot search for a word.

Would you try different PDF documents to see if Search works in Acrobat Reader for iOS?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah I'm not stupid I can select the text. Happens on all of them. Usually ctrl+F and I can find a word. How do I do it on the iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tap the magnifier icon in the bottom bar to start search after you open a PDF document.  (No keyboard shortcuts are available in Acrobat Reader for iOS on iPad/iPhone.)

Please take a look at the last section (titled: "Searching within a file") in the following online Help documentation for more details.

Adobe Acrobat Help for iOS: Navigation

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need help! I can't access my pdf (2) I purchased yesterday! I'm on my iPhone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines