• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freehand

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using freehand the palm rejection is pathetic.

1. Is there to enable freehand only using apple pencil? Makes no sense to draw with hand anyways.
  2. If freehand drawing extends to more than page. It disappears and doesn't show on the earlier page.

Please help.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishekb,

Please find below the answers to your both the queries.

1. Sorry to inform you that there is no option in the application that enables the freehand tool to only be used via apple pencil.

You can use the freehand tool with both i.e. the hands and the apple pencil.

2. As you have mentioned that when you use freehand tool extending more than one page, it disappears from one of the pages.

This is a designed behavior of the application. You can add comments only to one page at a time.

To add any of the comment to other pages, you need to first select the page and then use one of the comment tools.

You may share your feedback regarding these behaviors over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form .

Hope this answers your queries.

Let us know if you have any further queries or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishekb,

Which application you are referring here? Could you please confirm the name of the app?

As you have posted your query in Adobe Acrobat Reader  for iPhone. So is it something you are looking for?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader by Adobe

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-acrobat-reader/id469337564?mt=8

I am referring to Adobe Acrobat reader for iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple pencil is supported to to draw in iAdobe Reader app on iOS. You can see the detailed description here- Apple Pencil Support [iOS]

Also, check whether you have the latest updates installed or not?

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an useless post compared to the 2 questions I asked.

I will repeat my questions:

1. Is there a way to enable freehand only using apple pencil? Makes no sense to draw with hand anyways. Since the palm rejection is very bad. I am checking if there is a way for freehand tool to use only apple pencil
  2. Possible bug- In the case of freehand drawing extending to more than page. It disappears on the earlier page. This is fairly easy for you reproduce on your own end.

Please read questions carefully and reply with "relevant" answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishekb,

Please find below the answers to your both the queries.

1. Sorry to inform you that there is no option in the application that enables the freehand tool to only be used via apple pencil.

You can use the freehand tool with both i.e. the hands and the apple pencil.

2. As you have mentioned that when you use freehand tool extending more than one page, it disappears from one of the pages.

This is a designed behavior of the application. You can add comments only to one page at a time.

To add any of the comment to other pages, you need to first select the page and then use one of the comment tools.

You may share your feedback regarding these behaviors over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form .

Hope this answers your queries.

Let us know if you have any further queries or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thanks for the reply!

For point 1, a lot of other apps like notability have this. Can you consider this, a feature request? It will make it very easy to annotate even with the bad palm rejection right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your suggestion on this.

I would suggest you to also raise a feature request for this over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not feature request but a bug report.

I don't know people developing it ever even use it. 'Every' other reader allows freehand only by apple pencil.

Only adobe reader allows it by hand as well leading to unwanted strokes due to it's insanely bad palm rejection. Have you ever tried to write something on ipad with freehand on adobe.  It is impossible not to get accidental strokes. I repeat and in quotes 'impossible'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a bug you can report it on the same page. Adobe will decide which it is. Try to just describe the problem, and a lot more politely than you have, if you want it to get through the filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is frustrating, when simple things don't work and adobe people tell you that's how it is, while linking  to a 3 years forum post with the same issue. Surely, they can do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, and if you want to help I urge you to use the page. Even if it is reported already, the number of reports are counted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's been long time I haven't received a decent response. I have submitted a bug-report as well.
The forum and feedback seem useless. 3 years is a long time for an issue to go noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe nobody else reported it and at the business meetings priorities were set to things reported more. Seems to be how things are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you going to fix it ever? What is the point for a paying if the company doesn't listen to feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines