• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good PDF files rejected by Acrobat on Android as incorrect format. Why?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transferring a PDF file on a Windows 10 PC using Dropbox to another user with  Acrobat on a Nexus5X results in the file being downloaded but then rejected as being incorrect format.  The same PDF file can be read on another PC (Windows and Linux).  The Nexus 5X reads other PDF files correctly.

Where is the problem and how to sort it out?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robinh,

When you are transferring the PDF file using the Dropbox, the other user must be getting an email with the link to open the file.

Once he clicks on the view file option in the email, it opens the file on Dropbox account.

Could you please check how exactly he opens the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Please share the exact workflow you used to share the file and the user used to open that file.

Also, share the screenshot of the error message.

To share the screenshot, use the steps provided below:

- Click on the insert icon provided in the reply window as shown below:

- An Insert Image window will appear.

- Then click on Insert Image and browse the location where you have saved the screenshot file.

- Select the file and click on Open > Insert Image.

Would it be possible to share that file with us?

If yes, you may share it using the steps provided here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may share the file in private message as well. How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help with the steps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robinh,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query.

Is it the only file that you have got trouble opening with Acrobat Reader mobile app? Have you checked with any other file?

• Is this a PDF form? It could be a possibility that, this file was made through Livecycle designer application. Check document properties, Open PDF>right click Document Properties> Description>PDF Producer.
  • If it was produced using Livecycle Designer, then such file wont be supported by Acrobat Reader mobile app. It would open only through the desktop application.

Let us know know if you experience the same error with multiple files wile loading on to mobile app.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat and Dropbox installed on all my devices (Windows10, Linux, Android) in order to access my data. This worked perfectly, except for one file (the only one in .pdf) which Android Acrobat consistently reported as incorrect format.  The same file was correct on my other devices, taken from Dropbox.
This file appears to be PDF-1.3 (producer is blank).

While waiting for your response, I uninstalled Dropbox and Acrobat on the Android and re-installed them.  Whether this was indeed an Acrobat problem is uncertain, but now the file is being accepted by Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robinh,

Thanks for taking out time and sharing your findings with us. Glad to hear it has worked for you now.

Let us know if you get to experience this issue again.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines