• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed, with compatibility between Adobe acrobat pro & app regarding links

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a pdf using Adobe Acrobat Pro on my desktop which has an additional pdf attached within it, and I have created links between the two documents so that a person can click on the link in the first document to read the additional detail in the second document, and then click the link in the second document to return back to the first.

When I open the document in the Adobe acrobat reader app I can see the two documents but no links, however when I view it on my computer using the reader I can see the links.

How can I change the settings in the app to see the links?

thanks

Rhian

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rhians

What kind of hyperlinks do you have in your PDF documents?

1. Go to a page view (within the same document)
  2. Open a web page
  3. Open a file

Acrobat Reader mobile apps (for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone) support the first two types only, whereas Acrobat Reader desktop app supports all three types.

And, where exactly you have those PDF documents saved? Is it on some network/shared drive? Or saved locally on your computer?

Help us with more detail.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rhian wrote exactly, whats necessary to know:
He has a PDF File with an enclosed (attached) PDF.
From the Original PDF (which is the "container") there he created a Link to the enclosed / attached PDF (and also backwards).

This can be done with a "Go to Page View" Link.
Not a "Open File" Link.
But (no word about missing functions in the horrible documentation of Acrobat Mobile - Test it or leave us.) other than described in your answer, this "Go to page view" doesn´t work in the mobile version of Acrobat (Nor in any browser).

I had the same problem and it cost me hours/days to learn, that it´s simply not possible.

The Desktop Application is able to open that.

One has to search elsewhere than here for that answer.

BtW: I know little Software companies with glorious support and service. And for Applications which are not as far as expensive as the software rent at Adobe. They mostly are able to solve problems within a few hours. In 90% of all cases I get an answer within 24 h latest. And I´m talking of real problems. Not about simply giving the answer: "That´s not possible".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Thank you for your reply

I'm using the Acrobat Reader mobile app for iOS.

The original document was created using the Adobe Acrobat Pro on my desktop computer. I have attached one pdf document (A) inside pdf document B, and linked B to A.

The links were created using the 'edit' function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and then 'link' - 'add/edit web or document link' and then 'go to a page view'.

These links work perfectly when viewing on either Adobe Acrobat Pro DC/ Reader on a computer. However when I open pdf B on the mobile app I can see PDF B and the attached pdf Document A but I cannot see the links between then which I need.

Please can you advise what I need to do within the app to see these links

thank you

Rhian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

In reply to your final question. The documents are saved to my computer, but when I open it from the app it is from an attachment in an email

thanks

Rhian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems there is no one at adobe, who can help in this case, because they are counting our money. They don't like to write it anywhere, but there are many functions which will not work in the mobile app. Especially the link-functions. So opening attached (enclosed) files works fine with the desktop app. But i think with the mobile app it's like you want to open a file - that seems to be not possible. Horrible, that a question like yours is not answered for days here by staff. They let the community do all their work. I also thought, that would be possible and there is nowhere any description of the mobile apps behavior. You have to spent real money to test it and to recognize it won't work. maybe i'm wrong but i couldn't find a test-version of the acrobat dc mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why don't PDF links work. This is a serious problem​

Same Question.

Asked 2 years ago.

Answered the same way as here.

THATS SUPPORT AT ITS BEST!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines