Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight issue

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone

First of all, I am new-hand user and I have some problems with it.

I can highlight getting started.pdf easily but I can’t not highlight my documents. When I tap on the text there are only few options such as note, text and free hand.

I found IPad version isn’t functional enough than a PC version, hopefully I can let my iPad fully replace my computer with it.

appreciate for your answer.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jamess_10​,

In general, you should be able to select text and add text markup annotations (Highlight, Underline, and Strikethrough) to a PDF document in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad except the following cases.

(a) Your PDF document is a scanned document that contains no actual text.

You need to convert text images to editable text using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology.

Convert PDF to instantly editable text, OCR software | Adobe Acrobat DC

Please note that the free version of Acrobat Reader mobile and desktop apps do not support OCR.

(b) Your PDF document is encrypted.  Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad does not support saving changes to encrypted PDF documents.  This is a limitation in Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS and Android.

(c) Your PDF document disallows commenting due to document restrictions (set by the author).

Do you see the lock icon in the bottom bar when you open your PDF document in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad?  If your case is  (b), you can still add Highlight to the document in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader.

Hope this information helps.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jamess_10​,

In general, you should be able to select text and add text markup annotations (Highlight, Underline, and Strikethrough) to a PDF document in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad except the following cases.

(a) Your PDF document is a scanned document that contains no actual text.

You need to convert text images to editable text using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology.

Convert PDF to instantly editable text, OCR software | Adobe Acrobat DC

Please note that the free version of Acrobat Reader mobile and desktop apps do not support OCR.

(b) Your PDF document is encrypted.  Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad does not support saving changes to encrypted PDF documents.  This is a limitation in Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS and Android.

(c) Your PDF document disallows commenting due to document restrictions (set by the author).

Do you see the lock icon in the bottom bar when you open your PDF document in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad?  If your case is  (b), you can still add Highlight to the document in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader.

Hope this information helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines