Highlighted

Highlighter not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version 18.09.14 highlighter is not working on text.  This newer version is not user friendly and more difficult to access markup tools.  Highlighter opens and I choose the colour but it does not highlight my test.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Highlighter not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version 18.09.14 highlighter is not working on text.  This newer version is not user friendly and more difficult to access markup tools.  Highlighter opens and I choose the colour but it does not highlight my test.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dawne47418515​,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. With the new update, we have changed the gesture for highlighting text from drag to long press-and-drag.

Here are the steps to highlight a text:

1. Tap on the commenting tools button to get to the commenting mode (the blue circular button with the pencil icon on it -- you must have tapped on this previously since you have seen the highlighter color options).
  2. Tap on the highlight button.
  3. Long press on the beginning of the text you want to highlight until a magnifying glass appears
  4. Drag the sentence to highlight the rest of your text.

Alternatively, if you do not have the commenting mode active, you can also long press on a word, and commenting options will appear for you, including highlight. Please give these a try and let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

Thank you,

Riadiani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlighter is now working but markups are not being saved.  When I close the document then reopen all my markups have been deleted, this version is unusable.  Go back to the previous version!!!

Warmest Regards,

Dawn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dawne47418515​,

We are glad highlighting works for you now. We apologize for the deleted markups issue, and we hope we could help you resolve it next.

Regarding the deleted markups, after entering a markup and before closing the document, did you tap on the "Done" button on the top left of the page? If not, could you please try tapping the "Done" button before closing your document/closing the application, and see if your markups are still unsaved?

If you have tapped the "Done" button and the issue persists, there are a couple things we hope you could help us clarify:

1. Does this issue happen only on specific files, or on all of your files in general?
  2. When you try opening the file in a different version of Acrobat (e.g., in a different device like desktop or another iPhone/iPad) or other apps (e.g., Google Drive, e-mail, Dropbox), could you see your annotations?

We have also sent you a private e-mail asking you if you would be willing to share some sample PDFs with Adobe.

Thank you once again for your patience as we continue investigating this issue.

Riadiani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same problems.

In an older version once I fill and sign the forms I could sent that file in PDF formate by email, what’s app or by any other means but in newer version even after clicking on ‘done’ the attachement opens blank.

I tried to save the doc to document cloude but still didn’t work.

Evenif I send invitation link or share copy it opens blank.

Can you please sort this out?

thank you

saufin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi saufin,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and are looking into it. Would you be willing to share some sample files with Adobe to further troubleshoot the problem? If you are, I have sent you a private message on the steps to do this.

Thank you,

Riadiani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s now working.

Warmest Regards,

Dawn Eden

The Pilates Experience

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawn,

Glad to hear that it is now working for you! Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have other questions regarding Acrobat.

Thank you,

Riadiani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0