• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighting with apple pen 2. Generation not working

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve recently bought an iPad Pro (newest edition) with an apple pen, 2. Generation.

I love working with the adobe reader app to highlight and scribble in PDFs for work, but with the new iPad highlighting doesn’t work anymore. My document is a full text pdf, not an image. The headers I can highlight, but inside the text body, the pen doesn’t react at all. To check, I’ve tried other apps that use highlighting in the same way and there it works fine with the same document. Still, I would love to find a solution for the adobe app, as it is my preferred editing tool.

What could the possible problem be?

Thank you so much!

ps: after further testing, it seems that the only editing tool that is working is the freehand pen.

Message was edited by: Hestia van Roest

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Uninstall the Acrobat app and reinstall using the full offline installer from here:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ 

Don't use the appstore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue: highlighting tool on my iPad 11 pro won't work with the Apple pen but does highlight with finger. Writing tool works with the pen, but not the highlighter. 

also, went to the link here as posted and saw that it's for desktop systems (Apple OS, not iOS). The original question (and my question) relates to iPad, not Mac computers. Other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: my pen does actually work with highlighter; it required more pressure. But no pressure required for writing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines