Highlighted

Highlights are not syncing to Document Cloud

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file that I originally saved to the Document Cloud from Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 10. I have now accessed that PDF from my Android Tablet and highlighted several sections. I wish to see these highlights on my Windows PC but nothing I have tried will save those highlights to the Document Cloud. I know they're saved on the tablet, because even after rebooting the highlights are still there, but I can't find any way to sync the file to the server.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Highlights are not syncing to Document Cloud

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file that I originally saved to the Document Cloud from Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 10. I have now accessed that PDF from my Android Tablet and highlighted several sections. I wish to see these highlights on my Windows PC but nothing I have tried will save those highlights to the Document Cloud. I know they're saved on the tablet, because even after rebooting the highlights are still there, but I can't find any way to sync the file to the server.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SamuelKempf,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, you have saved a pdf file to Document Cloud and when highlighting that pdf on Android tablet, highlights added to pdf file doesn't show up in Reader on Windows pc, is that correct?

Check if there is an update available for Reader: launch Play Store>tap three horizontal lines in the left-hand corner>My apps & games>tap UPDATE next to Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2017 3
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and my tablet app is current -- vers. 17.3.1.

And I tried opening the file on Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader on my PC and neither brought up the highlights despite recognizing the correct recent save time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't resolve. All my apps (the one in my android device and the other in my windows pc) are updated, but the highlights still doesn't sync

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 1
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issues with my Android devices.  The highlight tool is spotty.  Sometimes I can get working again by holding the stylus down for a longer period of time.  It seems to bring the "current" selection box to the line I am trying to highlight. When not working, the current selection box is off the line I am trying to highlight.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Samuel,

I am facing similar issue, the highlights are saved on my android device but are not showing up on my PC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an additional update: I saved another document to the cloud from my PC and then made highlights in it on the PC. When I opened it on my tablet, the highlight from my PC showed up. However, I added a highlight on my tablet, saved it, opened the updated file on my PC again, and the tablet highlight wasn't visible. I added another highlight on the PC, and when I opened it back on the tablet, it had the new PC highlight, but had lost the middle highlight made on the tablet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update: Highlights are showing up on PC now. The only thing I did was go in to my Commenting Preferences on my PC and select the box that says "Always use log-in Name for Author Name". However, the fix didn't work immediately--in fact, I think it wasn't until the next day or two. So I'm not sure if that was actually the fix, or just some fluke in the system fixed itself. Either way, I'm seeing tablet highlights on my PC now, so in case it was what helped, maybe other might try doing the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. And clearly it is a problem with the app not syncing to the cloud. Even when I open new documents, they don't show up at my recent document on the PC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a bit of experimentation, it seems that perhaps, we need to be careful to always close documents before we open on the next device. In a sense, it might be the cloud is flagging them as "divergent" because changes were made while the document was open on two devices.

I tested a careful hight both ways while making sure to close the document prior to opening it on another device, I also went a step further making sure to restart the app too. I had no issues syncing the highlights.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2018 3