• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

History of opened pdf files on the acrobat IOS app

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe IOS app (which contains my acrobat document cloud files) used to have an option to sort files by most recently opened, this option was moved or completely removed a year or so ago at one of the app's major updates and I cannot find it anymore. Is there still any way to find my most recently "opened" or "accessed" (not modified) files? I need to do this because sometimes I have a business meeting that I anticipate I will need to open a few files at, so I open them and review them before my meeting so that I can find them quickly during the meeting. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just found out on my own that this is still possible, so I will post what I learned here in case someone else has the same question: On the iPad version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader Mobile App, go to "Home" (House icon on the bottom left corner, near "Files" and "Shared" and "Search"). Under Home, you can find two tabs: "Recent" and "Starrred". Under "Recent" you can find the documents in the order of most recently opened, which is exactly what I was asking for.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a feature that was removed by Apple in later releases of your iOS then the best resource would be to sift through their community support forums or the vendor support website.

You've mentuioned about the iOS app. What app? 

Are you even using the Adobe Reader Mobile app in your iOS  mobile device?

If this is directly related to the Adobe Reader mobile app, you have to describe more spcifics about what is going on with the Adobe Reader mobile app. Anything else that is product specific to your iOS device I recommend to get the appropriate guidance from the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is the Adobe Reader mobile app called "Acrobat" with red icon and adobe and acrobat symbol that looks like a rounded triangle in white on it.  Version 20.02.00 (20200215.092048). 

the feature I am asking about was removed after the app itself was updated, not after and apple IOS update. I hate it when perfectly working apps get updated cosmetically and loose actual features, don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. And I feel you.

I apologize for my initial reply. I misunderstood when you said "The adobe IOS app". Let me see if I can help.

In response to your last reply:

• is the Adobe Reader mobile app called "Acrobat"  - It is somewhat confusing. The mobile app is referred to as " Acrobat Reader mobile app"  not plain Acrobat (but I know what you mean). I am making the distinction to clarify that If you're signed in with your app,  you'll see under your AdobeID a button (or small banner) that says "Acrobat Pro". It shows in the app only when you sign in with the  AdobeID that belongs to a subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Export PDF,
    Adobe PDF Pack, for example.

• "used to have an option to sort files by most recently opened, this option was moved or completely removed a year or so ago at one of the app's major updates and I cannot find it anymore"  -- Are you sure you have updated to the latest version since a year ago? 

• Version 20.02.00 (20200215.092048) -- Even though I use AndroidOS  my current latest version update is 20.2.0.12050 and I am performing a new update as I reply right now to version 20.3.0.12688

• "the feature I am asking about was removed after the app itself was updated" -- That is really strange because The new face lift that was provided with more recent updates basically opens up the app with a welcome screen and two tabs: "Recent", and "Starred".

• "Is there still any way to find my most recently "opened" or "accessed" (not modified) files?" -- Below that welcome screen page is a toolbar at the bottom of the screen: "Home", "Files", "Shared", and "Search". In addition to this toolbar, the intuitive interface allows you to tap on "Search" type in the blank provided the name of any file you want to search for in your iOS device; it immediately opens up in another page with three tabs, and in my opinion,  in a very organized and conveniently redundant fashion: "On this Device", "Document Cloud", and "Shared"

• "I need to do this because sometimes I have a business meeting that I anticipate I will need to open a few files at, so I open them and review them before my meeting so that I can find them quickly during the meeting" -- How much more "quickly" means to you other than the steps that  I tried to illustrate in my prior bullet? Finding a file in your mobile device with the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app  is just a few taps away.

Perhaps it would be convenient to check where did the app got installed during the last update that you mentioned.

In my case,  I moved the app out of the internal storage of my mobile device and installed it in the SD Card. When I opened the app, I couldn't find anything under the "Recent" folder provided in the Welcome Screen,  for example.

So, I tapped on "Files" which gave me more fine-grained options to search for my files: "On this Device", "Document CLoud", "Google Drive", "Dropbox", "...More Locations".

Are you saying none of these features are available in you iOS mobile device?

My main recommendation at this point is to review this guidance: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/troubleshooting.html

Look the section where it says " Viewing your Subscriptions" and "Menu":

Last part of that page says: "Menus"

Why did my menus change or disappear?

When a file is open, a single tap changes the view to immersive mode. Immersive mode hides the menus so that you can see more of the document.

The menu varies based on the viewing context. For example, items in the top menu bar change depending on whether you’re viewing a private file, a shared file, or a review file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I did not get notified about your second answer, but here I am. It looks like the iOS mobile app is very different from your android app. Yesterday my iOS Acrobat Reader mobile app got an automatic update and now it is version 20.05.01 (20200528.195731). It does not look or open like you are describing in your answer. Is there a way I can ask Acrobat directly instead of the community? It seems that no one has experience with iOS here. Thanks for trying though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that the mobile apps receive support directly with their vendor.

In my case I have to seek direct support with Google Android, in your case with Apple.

There is some Adobe support documentation that you can  always access through the helpx files (both from the app itself or going online). But the helpx guides are geared towards basic use of the app, and other specific features that, like you said, seem to be very different between mobile device vendors.

It is because of these device manufacturer and vendor centric  specific features  that Adobe doesn't provide direct support.

The part that confuses customers the most about support is that ,  the mobile app is an open source app.

That means that the copy right to  the  source code of the Adobe Reader mobile version was released to the public for distribution and modification under the GPL license model.

Only when you're subscribed to Adobe Acrobat with a premium plan, such plan only activates when you sign in with your subscription in your app.

That is the  non-free software portion of the app.

As soon as you're signed off,  you're back to the free and open source Reader version.

Now that that part is clarified,  just remember, you must consult with  Apple to get direct support with your iOS apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just found out on my own that this is still possible, so I will post what I learned here in case someone else has the same question: On the iPad version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader Mobile App, go to "Home" (House icon on the bottom left corner, near "Files" and "Shared" and "Search"). Under Home, you can find two tabs: "Recent" and "Starrred". Under "Recent" you can find the documents in the order of most recently opened, which is exactly what I was asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good job moderator. 

Next time take the time to also read through all the information that I took the time to recompile for the user.

The user is repeating things that I posted in my bullets and from the adobe helpx guidance.

Show some integrity you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines