• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I download a PDF to my ipad?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I download a PDF from my document cloud to my local area in my ipad?    I cannot just move using my app as it won’t let me move from document cloud to local.   The instructions say sign in, select the file, press download and then tap on the pdf and select Save to from the secondary menu.    I only get a menu of copy or delete - no save to.    I have the app and want to save from document cloud to my local file but I cannot.    Very frustrating.   So the download only opens the pdf and does not actually download to ipad?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CapricornCaz,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Currently, there is no option in the mobile application to directly download the PDF from Document Cloud and save it to Local.

However, there are some workarounds that you may use to save PDFs locally.

Refer to the steps mentioned in this forum thread How do I download cloud document to local for offline access on iPad? with a similar query.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask the question in following forum:

Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CapricornCaz,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Currently, there is no option in the mobile application to directly download the PDF from Document Cloud and save it to Local.

However, there are some workarounds that you may use to save PDFs locally.

Refer to the steps mentioned in this forum thread How do I download cloud document to local for offline access on iPad? with a similar query.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way, if you don't mind having a copy of the file locally AND in Document Cloud. If you choose "save a copy" from the "..." menu, and then "On this iPhone", you can store the file in the Acrobat local storage. Then this file will be available offline. I emphasize though, that this is a copy and changes made to it or to the document in Document Cloud will not be reflected across the copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you thought of photo-copying your document and carrying a hard copy about with you? It sounds like a fecious comment but I thought the point scanning a document and turning it into a PDF was supposed to be accessable to onesself.

Could Adobe explane the adventages of not being able to download a pdf one has created onto their ipad?

Looking forward to the explanation.

Thanks

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I think my answer does explain at least one way to download to the iPad. If you choose "Save a Copy" and then "on this iPhone" or "on this iPad" Acrobat will save a second copy of the file locally on the device. It would then be accessible from the Files App, or Acrobat if you are not connected to the network. If you want the file somewhere else that is not offered by "Save a Copy", you can also use "Share a Copy". That offers options such as saving the PDF to the files app or exporting to other applications. Note that all of these are saving copies of the file, so there are two copies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines