• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I have a PDF document back?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was studying with my iPad and when I tried to open a document which I was using 2 minutes before, a message appear: "document empty". I can't use another copy because I had this one underlined. Thank you for your time

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you please provide more details so that we can diagnose the cause of the problem?

• What is the iOS version on your iPad?  Go to iOS Settings > General > About > Version.
  • What is the version of Acrobat Reader on your iPad?  Go to iOS Settings > Adobe Acrobat > Version.
  • Where is your PDF document stored?  Is it stored locally on your iPad ("Local") or cloud storage (e.g. Adobe Document Cloud, Google Drive)?
  • When you saw the "document empty" message, were you trying to open the PDF document from "Recent" in Acrobat?

Would you restart your iPad and try opening the document again?  If the PDF document is stored in cloud storage, you can go back to the original source (e.g. "Local", the iOS 11 Files app) instead of "Recent" and open it again.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My iOS version is 11.2.1 (25C153)

My adobe acrobat version is 17.12.15 (180561)

My pdf is stored locally

I saw this message 2 days ago, then i tried to open it from recent. Unfortunately I could not open it so I restarted and updated my iPod but it didn’t help.

It is really important for me to have my pdf back, please help me.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fahimehv16792721​

Would you be willing to share your PDF document with us (Adobe)?

I sent you a forum private message with the instructions on how to share files.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi albertogonzalez1998, fahimehv1679272,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.01.15 to the App Store today (January 10, 2018).

As always, we'd highly recommend making backup copies of your valuable PDF documents regularly.

Please try it out by making small changes to a large PDF document and see if it works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines