• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I play the embedded video clip in PDF file on iPad?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I embedded a movie clip in PDF.

I can play the movie clip in PC or Mac, but Adobe reader cannot play it.

The third-party application was successfully play it.

Play icon is displayed but it is not working.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello geistlich_pharma_korea

As per the description above, you are not able to play an embedded video clip in a PDF file on an iPad, Is that correct?

Rich media in PDF relies on Flash, so it's not an option for iOS devices. Adobe Reader Mobile doesn't support rich media. For detailed information, you can refer to the following KB docs Playing video, audio, and multimedia formats in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

Is there a way to embed video in a PDF that will play on a Mac or iPad? Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1331426

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello geistlich_pharma_korea

As per the description above, you are not able to play an embedded video clip in a PDF file on an iPad, Is that correct?

Rich media in PDF relies on Flash, so it's not an option for iOS devices. Adobe Reader Mobile doesn't support rich media. For detailed information, you can refer to the following KB docs Playing video, audio, and multimedia formats in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

Is there a way to embed video in a PDF that will play on a Mac or iPad? Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1331426

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AnandSri Thank you for your kindly answer. I really didn't know that. Above link will be useful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines