• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I recover my files??

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the Adobe Acrobat Reader app today (16th February 2018) on my phone because I changed my Apple ID. Since I was logged in to Adobe in the app I thought that my files would be saved in my Adobe account but when I reinstalled the app, all my files were gone. All of my files were under the “Local” folder before it was all erased. Is there any way I can recover them???

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"Local" files are not saved to the cloud. They are local to the device. Files stored in Document Cloud are in the cloud and would be available after changing Apple ID's (assuming you use the same Adobe ID).

Typically, we recommend that people restore their phone from a backup, which would include the local files. It sounds like you have changed Apple Id's though, so you won't be able to do this (iPhone backups are associated with an iCloud account). Another option would have been to backup the files using iTunes on a computer (you can connect your phone to iTunes and use it to extract files from the app). If the app has already been deleted, this won't be possible either. The only way I can think of that might work is to do the following:

1. Backup your current phone configuration using your current Apple ID.
  2. Restore your phone from backup using the OLD Apple ID. This should restore Acrobat with the local files.
  3. Connect the phone to iTunes and backup your Local files (How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes )
  4. Restore your iPhone using your current Apple ID (from step 1).
  5. Use iTunes to transfer the files from step 3 to your phone.

I hope this helps. I suspect that you may have deleted them permanently. Apple's iCloud backups usually only save the latest version of the device. It's possible that even it will not have your files. I am sorry that I don't have a better solution for you.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"Local" files are not saved to the cloud. They are local to the device. Files stored in Document Cloud are in the cloud and would be available after changing Apple ID's (assuming you use the same Adobe ID).

Typically, we recommend that people restore their phone from a backup, which would include the local files. It sounds like you have changed Apple Id's though, so you won't be able to do this (iPhone backups are associated with an iCloud account). Another option would have been to backup the files using iTunes on a computer (you can connect your phone to iTunes and use it to extract files from the app). If the app has already been deleted, this won't be possible either. The only way I can think of that might work is to do the following:

1. Backup your current phone configuration using your current Apple ID.
  2. Restore your phone from backup using the OLD Apple ID. This should restore Acrobat with the local files.
  3. Connect the phone to iTunes and backup your Local files (How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes )
  4. Restore your iPhone using your current Apple ID (from step 1).
  5. Use iTunes to transfer the files from step 3 to your phone.

I hope this helps. I suspect that you may have deleted them permanently. Apple's iCloud backups usually only save the latest version of the device. It's possible that even it will not have your files. I am sorry that I don't have a better solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to recover my old pdf file in Adobe scanner app 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Asha31646094oo7w,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for writing in!

Would you mind briefing us on the issue for better understanding?

Also, a few pieces of information would be great to investigate further:

1. Have you checked the different accounts you might have used with Scan (Sign in with Adobe versus social sign-in)?
2. Which platform do you experience the issue with? Scan Android, Scan iOS, and Acrobat online. Please login to Acrobat Online (https://acrobat.adobe.com/) using the same login credentials as in the app and confirm whether your files are visible in Acrobat Online under the Documents section in the Adobe Scan folder.
3. Are all the scanned files missing, or only some files?
4. When did the issue start? Any details about any actions taken then?
5. Scan app build version, device model, and OS version.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines