• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add text or highlight a document?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used to tap the screen to see icons to pick text or the pencil icon to highlight. Now it's gone. Where is that option now??

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , General troubleshooting , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judy,

I presume that you are using the new Acrobat DC app.  Is it Acrobat DC for iOS or Android?

Here are the steps to add a Comment/Annotation to a page in Adobe DC for iOS.

1. Open a PDF document in Acrobat DC.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper left corner or swipe from left side of the screen to the right.  This will display the "Tool Switcher".
    Viewer.png
  3. Tap Comment in the Tool Switcher.
    Tool Switcher iPad.png
  4. Select a Commenting tool in the bottom bar.
    CommetingTools.png

Did you find the Commenting tools hard to find?  We'd appreciate your feedback so that we can improve the user experience of the app.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judy,

I presume that you are using the new Acrobat DC app.  Is it Acrobat DC for iOS or Android?

Here are the steps to add a Comment/Annotation to a page in Adobe DC for iOS.

1. Open a PDF document in Acrobat DC.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper left corner or swipe from left side of the screen to the right.  This will display the "Tool Switcher".
    Viewer.png
  3. Tap Comment in the Tool Switcher.
    Tool Switcher iPad.png
  4. Select a Commenting tool in the bottom bar.
    CommetingTools.png

Did you find the Commenting tools hard to find?  We'd appreciate your feedback so that we can improve the user experience of the app.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you do this in andriod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debra,

Acrobat DC for Android has the similar UI (toolbar, icons, and labels).  Would you give it a try and let us know if it works for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This answered my question!! I actually finally found it myself after 3 hours searching. But I appreciate the time taken to answer me. Thanks again!! -JudyC

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that it finally worked for you. 

Please feel free to let us know what you do not like about the new app or what you find confusing or frustrating.  We would like your feedback in order to improve the user experience in the app.

Here's another way to add annotations in the Viewer mode (without switching to Comment).  The following steps will work for both the iOS and Android app.

1. Open a PDF document.  Acrobat DC will switch to Viewer. (Note the light blue icon in the upper left corner.)
  2. Press and hold over text.
  3. Select Highlight, Strikethrough, or Underline from the context menu that pops up.

Viewer Mode.png

You can also press and hold empty area on a page to display the context menu for adding other types annotations: Note, Text, Freehand, Signature.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be much better if we can add a note (comment) directly to a highlighted text.

Now the only way is to highlight a text then tap the Note (Comment) tool, which is much different from Acrobat for Desktop.

Nguyen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nguyen, you are so very right.  I'm dumbfounded when a company makes a great product and then Eliminates a feature that was really helpful, and means we double the effort to use the product doing the same thing we used to do.  Doesn't anybody get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines