• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download cloud document to local for offline access on iPad?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see title

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Once you open the PDF documents in Adobe Document Cloud (formerly known as Acrobat.com), the temporary copies of the cloud documents will be stored on your iPad.  If you are offline for a relatively short period of time, you can still view those documents.

Currently, Acrobat DC for iOS does not provide the user interface (a button or menu item) to permanently download PDF documents from Adobe Document Cloud to your iPad for offline viewing.

Here are the two options that I can think of.  (You can do one of the following options while you still have Internet access.)

(a) Using Safari

1. Open Safari on your iPad.
  2. Go to Acrobat Document Cloud (https://cloud.acrobat.com/).
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  4. Select the PDF document that you want to download to your iPad.
  5. Tap Download.  This will cause the PDF document to be opened in Safari.
  6. Tap anywhere in the PDF document to show the secondary toolbar.
  7. Tap "Open in...".
  8. Select "Open in Adobe Acrobat".

(b) Using Mail

1. Open the PDF document that you want to store locally on your iPad.
  2. Tap the Share icon.
    ShareIcon.png
  3. Select Share File.
  4. Select "Share Original Document" in the Share File dialog.
  5. Tap Mail.
  6. Send email to yourself.
  7. Open the email with the PDF attachment on your iPad.
  8. Open the email attachment in Acrobat DC for iOS.

Once the PDF document is opened in Acrobat DC for iOS, it is stored locally on your iPad.

Please note that you will have two PDF documents with the same file name. The one is stored locally on your iPad, whereas the other is stored on Adobe Document Cloud.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Once you open the PDF documents in Adobe Document Cloud (formerly known as Acrobat.com), the temporary copies of the cloud documents will be stored on your iPad.  If you are offline for a relatively short period of time, you can still view those documents.

Currently, Acrobat DC for iOS does not provide the user interface (a button or menu item) to permanently download PDF documents from Adobe Document Cloud to your iPad for offline viewing.

Here are the two options that I can think of.  (You can do one of the following options while you still have Internet access.)

(a) Using Safari

1. Open Safari on your iPad.
  2. Go to Acrobat Document Cloud (https://cloud.acrobat.com/).
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  4. Select the PDF document that you want to download to your iPad.
  5. Tap Download.  This will cause the PDF document to be opened in Safari.
  6. Tap anywhere in the PDF document to show the secondary toolbar.
  7. Tap "Open in...".
  8. Select "Open in Adobe Acrobat".

(b) Using Mail

1. Open the PDF document that you want to store locally on your iPad.
  2. Tap the Share icon.
    ShareIcon.png
  3. Select Share File.
  4. Select "Share Original Document" in the Share File dialog.
  5. Tap Mail.
  6. Send email to yourself.
  7. Open the email with the PDF attachment on your iPad.
  8. Open the email attachment in Acrobat DC for iOS.

Once the PDF document is opened in Acrobat DC for iOS, it is stored locally on your iPad.

Please note that you will have two PDF documents with the same file name. The one is stored locally on your iPad, whereas the other is stored on Adobe Document Cloud.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure though a bit awkward, the option (a) and (b) are good to keep a permanent local copy.

also as you mentioned "Once you open the PDF documents in Adobe Document Cloud (formerly known as Acrobat.com), the temporary copies of the cloud documents will be stored on your iPad." -- sounds good. But the problem is whenever the app updates, the copy is gone and I have to re-signin to the cloud again which is very inconvenient. any plan to improve on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really unimpressed... no download option from the cloud?  What is the point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I'll second that. I have an open book exam coming up and I'll have to mail each file accumulated over the last 6 mts of work to myself in order to have it stored locally so I can access it during the exam (no internet allowed).

Futhermore, none of the documents are showing when I log on to ADC via the internet so (a) not an option for me ...

What an enormous waste of my time and can you please explain why when I upload a document from my local to could storage there's no warning telling me that if I delete the locally stored document I have to perform a ridiculous mailing process to get it back on my iPad?

This stupidity really does defeat the whole purpose of having the cloud storage. Get your act together Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to find a different reader. This is sad because Adobe Reader is just what I want wrt features.  But it kicks me out all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, so stupid. Adobe reader on my phone get crashed 2 times. 1st time it got trapped everytime since i tried opening a ADC file, so had to clear cache. I thought "omg, it take me 2 months of reading and bookmark what i need. Need to save it to cloud". Now it has stopped again by its error code, i deleted and reinstall Adobe reader. Guess what... All comments and bookmarks have gone. Tried opening in Chrome the cloud link i shared myself to download it again, click download for 20mins, but no percent of downloading. Seriously? I lost my work? How to get my file back? I do not want to load for over 15mins to Adobe reader everytime i read.

I get my file back from the cloud link, BUT NO COMMENT and BOOKMARK. Good job, thanks Adobe reader team. I have a copy of this file already. Who need an EMPTY FILE like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the the most recent version of Acrobat for iOs on iPhone as of today:

1. Open the document from Document Cloud in acrobat
  2. Tap share button
  3. Tap Share a Copy button at the bottom (Tap Continue on popup if you get that)
  4. Save to Files
  5. Choose On My iPhone
  6. Tap the Acrobat folder
  7. Tap Add at top right
  8. Verify by going back to Locations and pick On This Phone
  9. Your document should now be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Sad that there isn’t a direct download to local storage, but the share copy to files works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jltfong,

Currently, there is no direct option to download the file to the local storage in the application on the mobile device.

However, you may file a feature request for this over here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing some feature is required in the app but still asking people to 'ask' for it. Amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me, Adobe. I keep PDFs on my phone in order to upload on the go, and certain apps/sites will not allow me to upload docs from the cloud.

I am disappointed as I have loved your products for years, but it looks like I'm going to have to move to a new app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an incredibly inelegant solution to a very common situation. Absolute joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines