• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit a pdf scan on iPad

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I’ve scanned a document onto my iPad with Adobe scan, opened it in adobe reader, subscribed to adobe acrobat dc, uploaded the document and tried to edit a part of it but it only seems to give me the option to delete?

ive clicked on edit, then i get the ‘i’ which says to double tap to edit but it seems to just select all, then ‘delete’ comes up?

i just wanted to edit a couple of lines of the document can anyone help?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Darrenb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, The Edit PDF feature is only available on iPad to subscribers to Acrobat Pro DC. iPad users have access to the new Edit Text feature which provides some of the same features found in the desktop version of Acrobat. This feature allows you to:

For detailed steps, refer to the help article Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Edit a PDF

However, It's not possible to edit text or add text markup annotations (Highlight, Underline, Strikeout) to scanned PDF documents if it's not containing any text.

You need to turn scanned PDF documents into PDF documents with editable text using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tool.  Acrobat Pro DC (desktop app) has a built-in OCR feature.

Because you have the Adobe Adobe Pro DC paid subscription service, you should be able to activate and register Acrobat Pro DC desktop app on your Windows/Mac computer.

Unfortunately, the OCR feature is not available in the Acrobat Reader mobile apps (for iOS, Android, Windows Phone).

Are you facing this issue with one specific PDF file or with all the PDF file?

If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, refer to How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Darrenb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, The Edit PDF feature is only available on iPad to subscribers to Acrobat Pro DC. iPad users have access to the new Edit Text feature which provides some of the same features found in the desktop version of Acrobat. This feature allows you to:

For detailed steps, refer to the help article Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Edit a PDF

However, It's not possible to edit text or add text markup annotations (Highlight, Underline, Strikeout) to scanned PDF documents if it's not containing any text.

You need to turn scanned PDF documents into PDF documents with editable text using an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tool.  Acrobat Pro DC (desktop app) has a built-in OCR feature.

Because you have the Adobe Adobe Pro DC paid subscription service, you should be able to activate and register Acrobat Pro DC desktop app on your Windows/Mac computer.

Unfortunately, the OCR feature is not available in the Acrobat Reader mobile apps (for iOS, Android, Windows Phone).

Are you facing this issue with one specific PDF file or with all the PDF file?

If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, refer to How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines