• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable "text to speech" on Adobe Acrobat?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  got an Adobe ID,downloaded Adobe Acrobat and sent my PDF to Acrobat to "read "A book.

I have a  Samsung Galaxy J7. I have bad eyes.  I  tried to enable text to speech, EVERY way I could think of, but I can't seem to figure it out. Can someone please help? Thank you

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackp,

"Text to speech" or Read out loud function is available in Acrobat Reader desktop version. However, this functionality is unavailable in Acrobat Reader mobile application.

You may see related discussion- Text-to-Speech (TTS) using Reader app on Tablet

Acrobat Reader for Android and iOS does not provide an In-App Text-to-Speech feature ("Read Out Loud") to read a PDF document.  There are no buttons or menus to start, pause, or stop reading the contents of a PDF document within the Acrobat Reader app.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Akanchha

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackp,

"Text to speech" or Read out loud function is available in Acrobat Reader desktop version. However, this functionality is unavailable in Acrobat Reader mobile application.

You may see related discussion- Text-to-Speech (TTS) using Reader app on Tablet

Acrobat Reader for Android and iOS does not provide an In-App Text-to-Speech feature ("Read Out Loud") to read a PDF document.  There are no buttons or menus to start, pause, or stop reading the contents of a PDF document within the Acrobat Reader app.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sugest adobe instal this text-to-voice function for easier reading puroose . Will help the blind , kids who need dictation, and those in learning difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Calvint,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank for sharing your suggestion with us.

I would request to share your suggestion/feedback on this over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done so .

「Akki_24 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>」在 2018年8月15日 週三,01:01 寫道:

How do I enable "text to speech" on Adobe Acrobat?

Akki_24 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Akki_24?et=watches.email.outcome>

marked meenakshin83966505

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/meenakshin83966505?et=watches.email.outcome>'s

reply on How do I enable "text to speech" on Adobe Acrobat?

<https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2428486?et=watches.email.outcome> as

helpful. View the full reply

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10556986?et=watches.email.outcome#10556986>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why its called Adobe Reader if it cannot read a text. I strongly believe a text-to-speech engine is a must for the app to be usefull. Why such an engine is present in the desktop version and not in the mobile app is really strange. There are so.many visually impaired users that really need this badly. Also, its not like I will take my desktop to my sofa and have it read a book. If anything, I will bring my mobile device.  Also, I really do not understand why Adobe reader for IOS has a feature to look up definitions of a word and the Android version does not. Before Adobe brings out new features, they should play it fair and make sure existing features are equally available across plattforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you really send Calvin to another area to write what he wrote to you? Realize it was pertaining to the blind, kids and those with reading disabilities. I'm not assuming anything about Calvin, but think before you talk to ppl with automated responses and be a human being for once. He told you his issue. You work there. But like many ppl you basically said, it's not my job to do that. He was trying to assist those with visual issues! But you all you thought was, go to the next line! Shameful!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typical bureaucratic dodging of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: Adobe Acrobat App for Android appears 2nd in the Google Play store when searching for 'voice reader for android'

Perhaps Adobe should check its SEO settings so as not to give false hope. For an established product such as Adobe to be missing out one a vital 'accessibility' aspect it really has fallen short on this occasion. Wake us up when you decide to upgrade this feature. We'll be off using your competitors in the mean time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft word on iOS read text..... copy and paste 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines