• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fill out a form and then simply save a copy of it

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fill out a form and then simply save a local copy while not modifying the original form?  I can't believe I have to ask this.  Seems like it should be simple, but not on the ipad so it seems.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I found the answer to my own question. On the IOS app, go to the form you want to fill out and save, but don't open it, swipe left on it from the list of files, tap "more" then tap "duplicate". A duplicate form is created in the list of files. Swipe left on the new duplicate file, tap "more" and then tap "rename" give it a unique me and start editing/filling away.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todds,

The functionality you are looking for, is currently unavailable in mobile app.

Saving a copy of the form is quite an easy task, but through the desktop application of Adobe Reader DC. You can not save the document manually or a copy on mobile (iOS or Android) device.

You can share your feedback via-Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I found the answer to my own question. On the IOS app, go to the form you want to fill out and save, but don't open it, swipe left on it from the list of files, tap "more" then tap "duplicate". A duplicate form is created in the list of files. Swipe left on the new duplicate file, tap "more" and then tap "rename" give it a unique me and start editing/filling away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your findings.

What you have shared above is correct, you can make a duplicate copy of the file saved locally in your acrobat mobile app.

But as you mentioned at the very first place-

"How do I fill out a form and then simply save a local copy while not modifying the original form?"

I assumed that you are filling a form first and trying to save it as another copy (as you do in desktop version "Save AS"), so that the original form would remain same.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Glad to hear that worked for you.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines