• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I share an emailed PDF with acrobat reader on my iPhone6s?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I share an emailed PDF with acrobat reader on my iPhone6s? I just got a new iPhone6s and installed acrobat app vers 17.03.28 and I have iOS 10.3.1 and standard Apple iPhone Mail (configured by my company). When I receive an emailed pdf file, I can open and view, but when I try to share with Adobe Acrobat, the "share sheet" in Mail does not provide acrobat as an option. I used this feature for the past three years on my old iPhone 5C and it worked great. And I really like acrobat and it's file management, so I want to figure this out on the new phone. As I've explored the issue, it seems to come down to the acrobat app not making itself available in the share sheet. Can this be fixed? icloud is not an option.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out my company had apparently set up restrictions on the acrobat available directly from iPhone apps. My company has its own app store for approved apps. I was directed to purge the one I had installed from Apple and used the version (same version) from my company app store. This one apparently loosened the restrictions and the app works perfectly now. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willardm69759207,

I hope you have followed the exact same steps mentioned in the help document- https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5873#jive_content_id_Open_from_Mail

Also, Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Opening PDFs in Acrobat Reader

You may also check whether application is allowed to access data or not?

Settings>Adobe Acrobat>"Allow Acrobat To Access"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out my company had apparently set up restrictions on the acrobat available directly from iPhone apps. My company has its own app store for approved apps. I was directed to purge the one I had installed from Apple and used the version (same version) from my company app store. This one apparently loosened the restrictions and the app works perfectly now. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's perfect!

Thanks for sharing the update.

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines