• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I upload a file directly from Acrobat to a website in Safari?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told that in the past, users were able to upload a PDF document to their work order website by selecting the "Upload" button on the page, then selecting Acrobat directly. This feature is no longer available. I don't know yet if this was caused by an update to iOS, the Acrobat app, or a change to the web form. I've tested on several different versions of iOS between 9-11.

Does anyone have insight regarding this functionality?

I can provide versions or screenshots of anything requested.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tscarbrough,

As the description given above, that the you are willing to upload the file directly from Acrobat app to the website.

You may refer to the help document- Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Help

The options available or show there are the way to open or upload the document on web.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to upload a document using Safari, and selecting Acrobat as the location of my document. I am not working within the Acrobat app itself, I am working within Safari. When a web link initiates a request for files on the device, I would like to be able to select Acrobat. I need information on how Acrobat integrates with other apps.

I am using the free version of Acrobat Reader and therefore cannot submit a support request via the Adobe website, but if there is a business support line I can call to open a ticket, I would like to do so. I don't mind if there is a cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tscarbrough,

Just a query to understand it better, why would you want to select the document from Acrobat app directly?

And are you referring to the mobile application Adobe Acrobat Reader ? Mobile application has limitation, you do not get all the functionality of a desktop application in mobile.

The functionality you are looking for isn't supported and currently unavailable.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The users are reporting to me that they used to have this functionality, but can no longer do it.

I have not personally seen this behavior during my testing.

The main issue appears to stem from a limitation of iOS. I am not able to directly interact with files on the local storage of the iPad. I can only view local files via each application that is associated with them. Therefore, I can't browse the iPad's local storage to select a PDF, I can only select PDF files from within Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines