• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a dictionary in adobe acrobat reader app for android.

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like IOS App iBook there is a feature , if u don't the meaning of any word u can just hold that word for 2-3 sec, u will automatically get the meaning of that word but I didn't found this feature into adobe acrobat reader and I don't think so that this feature take so much work it simply done with add a dictionary.

So please have attention on this feature and let me know if there is any alternative of this.

Thanking you.

TOPICS
Android , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Unfortunately, we don't support this feature right now. We have taken note of this feature request and would try to incorporate it in the application in future releases.

Thanks

Acrobat DC Mobile Team

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to Reader/Acrobat DC for Mobile forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Unfortunately, we don't support this feature right now. We have taken note of this feature request and would try to incorporate it in the application in future releases.

Thanks

Acrobat DC Mobile Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years have passed since this question was originally posted, are there any news on adding this feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am replying to you that i haven't found a solution about it, 18/10 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thunderl,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The feature is still not supported on the mobile application.

You may raise a feature request for this over here  Adobe Acrobat for Android - Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you need any help with the application.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years have passed.... still no response from Adobe, maybe by my next incarnation it will be completed; thanks for the hopes though \-_-/

Take care!

P.S. : Enjoyed the reader for more than six years now the time has asked for a change goodbye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so which one do you use now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Readera is one of the best  readers and it has the dictionary function built in.. Just hold a word and a box will pop up and select "dictionary". I can't believe Adobe is one of the biggest brands and MANY years later they STILL haven't implemented a basic feature like dictionary..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah which one? I've had enough too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cambridge, McMillan, marriam Webster, any one of you can..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, it's been about five years since the question was asked. Any news? Won't this step be taken? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is thr worst but only privider. Once a new provider comes along I am switching a 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah and the funny thing here is that it is not a new thing that adobe does not support dictionary in its app because adobe does not support any thing in its mobile softwares.. Nut just acrobat reader but also others be it Lightroom or Illustrator or Photoshop or Adobe Scan or anything ..they are just like empty drums without any liquid in them use-less and securing some space in home..  

Many a times it happened that I install some adobe app with much of hope to get some particular function and adobe seems the priority option.. but after installing and exprolring the app  I found is just a showoff like an empty drum.. and I have to delete those apps out of my phone..

So bottom line here is- there is nothing new in the point adobe is does not provide dictionary feature in its android reader..because all its apps are same in this fashion.. covering 70Mb providing nothing.. offcourse if you got a big laptop where you can buy adobe subscription then adobe might be handy.. but still I suppose alternative are possible everywhere..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

as a costumer and user I would be glad if you could improve your product with this feature.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines