Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create pdf through airprint in iOS

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me on this.

I want to create a pdf file in the mail app in iOS 10, so that I can have a copy of the email that was sent to me. Note that I am not referring to the mail attachment.

In the airprint function, it only works for wi-fi printers or printers linked to a network but accessible via wi-fi access points or wireless routers.

I want to be able to do the same as what I did in a Windows PC, that is to print in any application.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Update:  Acrobat Reader 18.09.13 (released on October 1, 2018) or newer no longer shows the dialog with the "Share Original Document" and "Share a Flattened Copy" options.

Please see the updated FAQ document for the latest information.

How to share a flattened copy of a PDF document

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

AirPrint is an Apple technology.  PDF is just a file format.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Unfortunately, Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS has no control over PDF generation using Apple's AirPrint on iOS.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I know how to do it and will like to share with the community users in this forum, who may be asking the same question. MobileDeveloperCK​, please put this up as the official reply to my own problem. This is for iOS 10 in iPhone 6 and I am using the scenario where I want to print an email message in the Mail app.

1) Go to the Mail app in iOS.

2) Choose the email message that you want to print

3) At the bottom of the screen, choose the "reply" icon, or the 4th icon.

4) Tap on "Print"

5) Use two fingers and pinch out the print preview of the email message.

6) Tap on the "share" icon at the bottom left of the screen

7) If you have downloaded the Adobe Acrobat app, scroll to your left and select "Copy to Adobe Acrobat"

8) Choose the "Share" icon or the 4th icon at the bottom of your screen

9) Tap "Share File"

10) Choose either "Share Original Document", which will make comments and forms editable but it will not be viewable by some apps, including Mail app in iOS, or "Share Flattened Copy", which will make comments and forms uneditable but will be viewable in most apps.

11) Select the app that you want to share the file to, eg. Mail.

12) That's it.

For questions relating to point 10, please ask MobileDeveloperCK​. This person is supposed to know how this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the information in the user forum!

Here's another article.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/18/how-to-print-to-pdf-from-iphone-and-ipad-ios-10/

It sounds like a very useful feature.

Just to be clear, it's a new feature of iOS 10, not Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Update:  Acrobat Reader 18.09.13 (released on October 1, 2018) or newer no longer shows the dialog with the "Share Original Document" and "Share a Flattened Copy" options.

Please see the updated FAQ document for the latest information.

How to share a flattened copy of a PDF document

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless you for this. It's my 1st apple product (an Ipad Pro 11) and after 3 months of using it I still have problems trying to understand this company restrictive policies. I wanted to save some veggie recipes in my language (romanian) from a US site to print them and have them handy in a PDF file. Safari doesn't have google translate embedded, Google Chrome doesn't have the option to print screen and scroll the page (Wonderfull). Airprint doesn't support Print to PDF, Chrome doesn't have the right to export a translated page, only original language. It's my 1st and only apple product which i will buy for the moment. I just wanted to stay connected to all big platforms. I have an android phone, use a Microsoft PC and have a iOS tablet. Apple is by far the worse when it commes to making your life easier. It doesn't matter the CPU power when a simple task takes 20 times more time to do it than any of the other devices. The only one loosing here are Apple costumers which buy products blindly. I spent more than 30 min to investigate the problem. Thanks for the solution kelvintan_ml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should have been the correct answer, Thanks alot to contribute. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still says this question is ”not answered”, but I find the two replies in the thread really helpful, so I think the status should be changed to “answered”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines