• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix bookmark / link targets on iPhone / iPad

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been working on a pdf document with a list of drawing numbers. I have been creating book marks and links so that once you click on drawing number it brings you directly to the zoomed in drawing (which is part of a large combined drawing). It is working perfectly on my hp laptop. However when I go to use on my iPhone or iPad the links exists but they do not zoom in to the set target. Can anyone advise on a solution?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What exact kind of links are they? If you're not sure, exactly how do you make them?

2. What iOS app are you viewing in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the links in a number of ways;

- I used Bookmarks to custom zoom.

- I added a document link, go to page view and set link

- I added action buttons with a mouse up action to go to page view.

Although there is a custom zoom that works perfectly in pdf on laptop the zoom does not work when viewing in adobe acrobat DC Pro or Adobe Reader on iPad / iPhone. I am suspecting that it may have something to do with the index pages being A4 in size and the drawing page being a magnitude of a large number of A4 pages.

To clarify the link / bookmark & action button bring me to the right page but do not zoom to the right location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder, it's certainly worth mentioning, how "page view" translates into what you see.

When you set the link, it looks at the currently visible page corners. These are used to set a rectangle (which must be on a single page).

Now, when you follow a link, the job of the viewer is to make that rectangle visible. Not any "current line" or similar, there is no such concept (unless you resize the window so only and exactly one line is visible, in a letterbox). It gets complicated where the zoom setting don't allow the exact rectangle to be made visible.

If the rectangle is smaller than the visible area all you can say is that the rectangle will be visible. You can't say it will be at the left or centre of what you see. If the rectangle is bigger than the visible area it's even worse. All you can say is that some part of the rectangle will be visible. Particular viewers will tend to always show the same bit, but other viewers will have their own ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what I am trying to do is lock the view. So, I have merged circa 60 drawings / maps to create one network of drawings. So if somebody clicks on a drawing number in the index or in the bookmark list that the action is to go directly to that drawings rectangle within the overall network of drawings....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you follow a link in iOS, is any Part of the destination rectangle visible (remember, the rectangle on screen when Set Link is pressed) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rectangle is set up as invisible. so the outline is not visible. Once you follow the link it brings you a section outside of the rectangle area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not talking about a visible rectangle but about the implicit rectangle you chose when you set a link. That is, the entire visible area on the current page. Not a line or diagram, not what you intend the link to go to, but everything in the window At that moment.

So, if you follow a link in iOS is ANY PART of that rectangle on screen? Or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No part of the rectangle is on screen when following the link in iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is on screen? Is it just the top left of the whole page? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The middle of the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does this compare with the default PDF reader on iOS? Does that do any better, or worse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

& can you share a file (not in the forums, a public link)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines