• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Adobe Reader DC .Msi file for Intune Deployment.

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IS there a way I can get .msi for Adobe reader DC, which can be pushed to all users via INTUNE

TOPICS
Enterprise mobility management and SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to use the AIP deployment method to create the MSI you need.

hth,

-b

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should get a link to it when your application for a redistribution license is accepted. Have you applied for the license yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get link, When I download it downloads in .exe format. I am trying to get this file in .msi format as, AZURE INTUNE does not support to upload file in .exe format.

I will really appreciated if you can provide me information about how to convert .exe to .msi format. I tried few free application that is not working out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply for the license yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Already applies for license on Oct 23 and received email with the link in an hours.

It allows me to download from enterprise site, but not able to find .msi

Will really appreciate your guidance.

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, maybe they changed it. Not helpful if they did. But there may well be useful information in the enterprise toolkit: Acrobat-Reader Enterprise Toolkit Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I downloaded the latest exe and extracted the .msi file but that doesn't work as not everything is included - there are other files such as the data1.cab file required to install it and with Intune it has to be a single .msi file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello brogers123,

Thanks.  That link covers mobile devices which is not the scenario here.  I'm trying to deploy Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to Windows 10 PCs via Intune.

The requirements are:

1. On the App package file blade, choose the browse button, and select a Windows installation file with the extension .msi, .appx, or .appxbundle.

What is needed and what I cannot figure out is how to get Adobe Acrobat Reader DC packaged as a single file .msi that I can push down and install to the managed Windows 10 PCs. 

In the past it looks like Adobe made these files available - for example AdbeRdr1000_en_US.msi from back in the Adobe Reader X days.  But I cannot find anything similar for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish ending up with a single .msi file for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to use the AIP deployment method to create the MSI you need.

hth,

-b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines