• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install the latest reader on iPad with 10.3.1?

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install the latest reader on iPad 10.3.1?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it from the Apple Applications Store.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it from the Apple Applications Store.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that installed but when I try to open my bank statement I get a message that I need at least adobe reader 7 or higher.

Sent from the I-Pad of Michael Matthews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two possibilities:

(1) When you “open” the bank statement, what are you actually using to view the PDF file? On iOS, unfortunately, an application such as Adobe Acrobat Reader cannot own a file type, such as PDF. If you open an e-mail with an attachment, either the e-mail client will use its own PDF renderer or it will use the iOS PDF display. You have to “copy” the PDF file to Adobe Acrobat Reader for it to be opened in that application.

(2) Assuming that in fact you are attempting to actually read the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader, this would be an indication that the file is a special type of PDF file, one that uses what is known as XFA forms (typically produced by the Adobe LiveCycle Designer and server products. These PDF files cannot be opened by the Adobe Acrobat Reader on mobile devices. One way to test this hypothesis is to open the PDF file with either Reader or Acrobat on either MacOS or Windows. If it opens there but not in Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile devices, this is indeed the reason; it is an XFA forms-based PDF file.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines