• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to log out from DOCUMENT CLOUD on Android?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody and everyone! I am on Android 4.4.2. I have Adobe Acrobat 17.1.1 installed, which goes toghether with DOCUMENT CLOUD. The whole selling point of this cloud thing is that our documents will be 100% safe, they swear it! But I can find no way to log out from my Cloud, which means that anybody getting hold of my smartphone has full access to everything I store on my Adobe Cloud (and could for example jut delete everything!). Can you think of anything LESS SECURE than this? (Note that I have a pin code to access my phone, but that's easy to crack.).

My question is: Is there a way I can log out from my cloud and log in only when I need it?

I cannot believe someone, somewhere, designed a "secure" device that has as only option to be permanently open to anybody! And, on the contrary to the Google Drive app (which has the same deffect), the Adobe cloud is bundled to Adobe Acrobat, so you cannot choose not to have direct open access to your cloud by uninstalling the Adobe Cloud app.

Thanks for your advice.

Alexandre

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha, This did not work either my account name remained grey, but then I found out that when I'm in "my account", by using my phone's menu I had the option to log out specifically from the Adobe cloud (not from the app) which is what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot Akanchha for answering me and putting me on the right track.

Best wishes,

Alexandre

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexv17293946,

Can understand your security concern but unfortunately, in the mobile app there isn't a way to Sign Out from the App completely.

But definitely yes, you can log out from the application to keep your Document Cloud secure.

Until you wont "Sign In", your document cloud files would not be accessible for you or whoever click on the app.

Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app> Tap on the Home icon at the upper left corner> Tap your name>My Account( Tap on : icon)> Sign Out

Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Manage Document Cloud subscriptions

This way you have to Sign out and Sign In in the application everytime when you want access "Document Cloud" files.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Akanchha. But it doesn't work: "My Account" is greyed and it is not possible to tap on it: nothing happens. Note that I have a free version of Acrobat, perhaps this is the reason? (It would be a very weird commercial policy to offer an unsafe cloud with the free version...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexv17293946,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you said that "My Account" is grayed out, sometimes it takes few seconds to highlight that section. Wait for 10 sec let the screen detail load properly and see if it will be highlighted? Or reboot the device and try again.

2nd- No, it doesn't make any difference if you are using a free account. You should be able to access the "Sign Out" from the application.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha, This did not work either my account name remained grey, but then I found out that when I'm in "my account", by using my phone's menu I had the option to log out specifically from the Adobe cloud (not from the app) which is what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot Akanchha for answering me and putting me on the right track.

Best wishes,

Alexandre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Alex and finding out the reason for that.

Glad to hear that worked for you.

Let us know if any further assistance is needed.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines