• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to override a read only file on android to be able to edit and save the file using adobe acrobat reader on android?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single time I try to comment on a pdf on my android phone I get the message : read only >save on local or cancel .However, I don't want to save it on local storage and make copies of file .All I want is the adobe change the file to read/write using BRUTE FORCE . I don't know how to make it do that!

#files are in a synced folder using (Sync app)

#I have no idea where the copy is saved when I choose save on local despite searching multiple times!

[Moved from non-technical Lounge Forum to specific Program forum... Mod]
[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Android , Edit and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PranshulGoyal,

Sorry for the delay in response.

In the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you cannot upload the document to a folder. You need to move the document to the folder.

Also, you can move files on to the folder added under that particular location.

Like if you need to move the file from location "On this device", it can be moved only to the folder added under this location.

Please refer to the steps mentioned below to move the files.

- Open the application and go to Location from which you need to move the file to Folder.

- Long press the file to select it and then tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen.

- Select "Move" from the list of the options provided.

- Then select the required folder from the list and tap on Move.

As you have mentioned that the file shows as read-only, please check if the file is not secured.

You are referring to some details that you have checked. Could you please let us know the details you are referring to?

Would it be possible to share the file with us? To share the file, take help of the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Let us know if you need any help.

We would be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catman847,

It is not possible to convert the read-only PDF to editable in Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application.

You need to save the file to local and then try to add the comments.

If you do not want to save the copies on local, you can upload it to document cloud or the same old folder after adding comments to it.

Then you can remove it from local storage.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to upload the file to the same old folder after adding comments to it ? I am getting option for Upload to Document Cloud only.

By the way , I think my file is writable because I have checked the details but then also the app says it is read-only .

Isn't this confusing ?      Please Help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PranshulGoyal,

In the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you cannot upload the document to a folder. You need to move the document to the folder.

Also, you can move files on to the folder added under that particular location.

Like if you need to move the file from location "On this device", it can be moved only to the folder added under this location.

Please refer to the steps mentioned below to move the files.

- Open the application and go to Location from which you need to move the file to Folder.

- Long press the file to select it and then tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen.

- Select "Move" from the list of the options provided.

- Then select the required folder from the list and tap on Move.

As you have mentioned that the file shows as read-only, please check if the file is not secured.

You are referring to some details that you have checked. Could you please let us know the details you are referring to?

Would it be possible to share the file with us? To share the file, take help of the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

We would be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing exactly same problem. Have you found any solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines