• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restore the previous version of pdf file saved in Document Cloud?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a free subscription for Document cloud. Using desktop and mobile android app. I was working with file on desktop( file was saved in cloud) . After that I opened mobile app, there had been that file downloaded before (without any comments) and then mobile app automatically saved not commented file. Well I have lost all my comments How can I restore the preveous version of file?

Help please

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maksyki,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Would you mind trying to update the application to the latest version available for Andriod?

Please check if you still experience the issue.

We have tried to replicate the issue on our end.

The comments added on the mobile application synced well to the Document Cloud.

The old comments that were added on the desktop application were still in the document.

Also, check once if the issue is reproducible with particular documents or with all.

Let us know how it goes.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maksyki,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Would you mind providing more details about the issue as asked below:

- Current application version on your mobile device?

- OS version installed on the device?

- Did you check if the issue occurs on other files too? If not, try once to add a comment on any sample PDF on your mobile device.

- Are you able to add comments on that PDF on the desktop application?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Android 6.0.1

Adobe Acrobat 18.5.1.8310

The issue occurs with any files saved in Document Cloud. Mobile app opens the file version that was automatically downloaded on previous opening of that file. Well after closing the file mobile app saves it on Document cloud and all the comments from desktop are lost.

That doesn't happen every time. If to wait some time after launching the app before opening a file, it may be downloaded from Document cloud normally. But the problem is real.

Yes, I'm able to add comments to that file using desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same has happened to me. Still couldn't find any solution to get the previous version of the file back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maksyki,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Would you mind trying to update the application to the latest version available for Andriod?

Please check if you still experience the issue.

We have tried to replicate the issue on our end.

The comments added on the mobile application synced well to the Document Cloud.

The old comments that were added on the desktop application were still in the document.

Also, check once if the issue is reproducible with particular documents or with all.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you send the preferred link to the lastest version please?? This is happening to me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same thing keeps happening to me too. I edit on my laptop, save it, open it on my phone, edit more, save it, then when I open from my laptop again, it opens the last version saved on that laptop instead of the one saved on my phone, and immediately overwrites it in the cloud too, so I lose all edits made on my phone. Has happened so many times, today too. I lost 30+ pages of edits today, hours of work. And this isn't a new issue, I've found posts from 2015 too where people said the same thing happened to them. So it's been at least 7 years with this problem and no solution has been made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines