• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to 'Save as' on a fillable PDF form on iPad and email copy?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Apologies if this has been answered previously but I did spend a lot of time searching and have found several people asking the same questions as me but not getting any answers [that I could find]. I have had a fillable PDF form which is a medical questionnaire for my customers to fill before treatments.

Firstly, I would like to fill the form in using the iPad and then 'save as' so that I can preserve the original blank form template to be used multiple times over for the following customer instead of saving the filled form overwriting my original blank form.

Secondly, when I go to send this form via the 'get link' or 'share a copy' to the customer who has just filled out the form, the form is still fillable and hence can be edited, I would like to send them their filled out form but in a normal uneditedable pdf form, how do i go about doing this?

Many thanks !

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zsakisidhu,

Sorry for the delay in response,

There is no "Save as" option available in the Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile.

You can either duplicate the form every time you fill it or you can use the Adobe Fill & Sign application.

When you open the PDF form in Adobe Fill & Sign, it does not make the changes to the original form.

You can open the PDF form in Fill & Sign application to fill it and then can share the file directly from there using the share icon.

Check if that works for you.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update, I have managed to share the copy as a flattened pdf which no longer allows the form to be fillable, so thats 1 of my 2 questions solved, I still have not found a way to 'save as' on the original blank template form

the other way around it i have found is to duplicate the form every time i wish to fill a new one in, isn't there an easier way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zsakisidhu,

Sorry for the delay in response,

There is no "Save as" option available in the Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile.

You can either duplicate the form every time you fill it or you can use the Adobe Fill & Sign application.

When you open the PDF form in Adobe Fill & Sign, it does not make the changes to the original form.

You can open the PDF form in Fill & Sign application to fill it and then can share the file directly from there using the share icon.

Check if that works for you.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have just read your repsonse on fill and sign. Do by chance have the answer to my question. After our clients use fill & sign and share the document, the base file which should remain unchanged, still has all the filled out fields within it. We haven't had this issue until the most recent update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, 

Greetings, 

I was looking for a solution for the above discussed issue. I have a similar situation where we need to use a custom created form multiple times everyday with customers signing is eventually before we share it. But the document when filled and signed gets stored on the original and thus makes it confusing later as we cannot remove the previously placed signatures. 

Could you help us out with a solution or guide us?

Thanks, 

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really unfortunate, and significantly reduces the utility of the mobile app, especially in a small business setting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zsakisidhu,

Can you please advise us on how you managed to share the copy as a flattened pdf? I am using an ipad with a custom made form for my customers to sign and cant figure out how to send them the flattened copy once they fill out the form and sign it.

Thanks,

Lindsey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply. 

I guess using the duplicate method is the only way out. I am already using the fill and sign application to fill out the form. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines