• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to share a fill-in file but others cannot edit the information you filled in?

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I share a fill-in file but others cannot edit the information you filled in? I was able to share a file after I add information but share it in a way others could not change the information on older apps. 

TOPICS
Edit and export , iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say that the best way you can go about this is to create the form in your Acrobat Pro DC desktop version and apply a certify invisible signature with the Certificate tool before you send the PDF to your users.

With your file opened in Acrobat Pro (desktop version), right-click on the certify signature field, select Properties from the context menu, and go to the "Signed" tab.

You'll see there a few optuions that you can configure to restrict which objects or portions of your PDF will be inaccessible to the other users (make fields hidden and/or read only, for example).

That said, only when you clear this signature those field objects will become editable again.

In addition, I would use the "Save as Other" option to save this document with Reader enabled rights and also protect the document with password to restrict users from editing, copying or re-assembling the form, for example.

Last, send the form using Adobe Sign so you can distribute a signing order and assign signing blocks to each specific user.

Using this workflow also guarantees that the users will be able to fill and sign from a mobile device or web browser without the need of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.

I know this answer is long and it sounds like a lot, but is very straight forward with the available tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines