• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sort bookmarks

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I sort or re-order my custom bookmarks? I have like 50 and it's driving me nuts.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please share what mobile device are you using and indicate what steps have you tried.

Also, is your Adobe Reader DC mobile app updated to its latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't change bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is unfortunate. I assumed it would be a basic function 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was under the impression that you were adding your own bookmarks, because if that is the case then you can create bookmarks, rename them and shuffle the order of the pages in your document.

You need an Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription to unlock some premium editing features in Reader DC, like the Organize Pages tool, for example; to use this features in your Reader DC  you also need to be logged in to the Document Cloud service with the AdobeID  that is associated with your Acrobat Pro subscription.

Just make sure that  when you open your PDF documents in the Adove Reader mobile app that you are not confusing "Content" for "Bookmarks".

The menu option for Content you cannot change or modify, but Bookmarks, even if the PDF file is secured you can add bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't add bookmarks to PDF files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Bernd,

I have to respectfully ask from you to please elaborate more under which circumstances Acrobat Reader can't add bookmarks, specifically the Acrobat Reader Mobile app in Android.

What do you mean by that?

Unless Adobe is using a misleading label for the "Add Bookmark" option in the Acrobat Reader mobile app for Android I am completely lost now.

See my slides below.

• I am adding bookmarks to a secured PDF document that doesn't allow any type of content editing.
  • Commenting, Fill&Sign, and Edit PDF are not permitted, as shown in the next slides respectively:

Screenshot_20191219-001851.jpg

Screenshot_20191219-001859.jpg

Screenshot_20191219-001905.jpg

• However, this is what the same  PDF document shown in the slides above allows me to do in order to add Bookmarks, see the  next slides, which illustrate in a sequence of tasks performed to add a Bookmark one by one for Page 1 and 2 AND even rename them and shuffle the document's pages using the Organize Pages tool and re-name the bookmark as needed.

This is PAGE 1 as identified by the page scrubber in the Reader mobile app  (top right corner, right margin of that page)

Screenshot_20191219-002705.jpg

Below are my options. Please explain why is there an option labeled "Add Bookmark"  is this just happening in my mobile device????

Screenshot_20191219-002457.jpg

When I click on Add Bookmark it actually adds a bookmark named Page 1  for page 1 out of 28.

Screenshot_20191219-002539.jpg

If I want to rename this newly added bookmark I can do that too

Screenshot_20191219-002545.jpg

Select rename from the context menu and bookmark is renamed. See below

Screenshot_20191219-002620.jpg

Subsequently I can continue to do this for every page in this PDF document

Screenshot_20191219-002712.jpg

Screenshot_20191219-002723.jpg

In this next slide here are my listed bookmarks so far

Screenshot_20191219-002740.jpg

Last slide here shows my edited bookmarks

Screenshot_20191219-005930.jpg

Please explain what did I just do with Acrobat Reader?

If Acrobat Reader doesn't allow to create bookmarks then Adobe should change this option "Add Bookmark"  to "Add a fake bookmark label to the current page" to make me believe that I am actually  adding bookmarks with Reader but in reality those are not bookmarks according to your guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature of Android. This bookmarks are not part of the PDF file. Open the file on Windows, MacOs, or iOS and look at the bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know, 

it is kind of an oxymoron when  I hear people say that Adobe doesn't support linux anymore.

But Thank you for clarifying that.

The user asked a question about his Reader mobile app used in an Android device.

My answer  was specifically focused on Reader Mobile App in Android.

It would be great that if my answer was appreciated at all, which in return, will be beneficial to the tens of thousands of other linux   users that rely on the Reader Mobile app (not MS Windows, not macOS, not other Apple devices with iOS) to be marked as correct .

Adobe Reader Mobile app for AndroidOS... what a great linux app!!!  LOL!!!   😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding my own bookmarks. You're saying I will need a subscription to edit the order of them right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 

the Organize Pages tool is a premium editing feature that will become available when you login with the AdobeID that belongs to any of the following purchased subscriptions: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Acrobat Export PDF,  Adobe  Acrobat PDF Pack

See more here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/faq.html#Basics 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not able to or plan to purchase a subscription at this time you can use a combination of third party free or open source tools that will aid you in the process of performing more editing to the pages of your PDF document, like shuffling or rearranging pages.

However, in the event that the file restricts editing you may not be able to use third party editing tools nor the Organize Pages Tool  of the Adobe Acrobat PDF Pack until that restriction is removed from the source PDF file, by refrying the document via print as pdf , or exporting to another file format like .docx and then back to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines