• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am no longer able to access Acrobat Reader Cloud from Fire HD 7 tablet.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Amazon Fire HD 7 tablet and have been using the “Adobe Acrobat Reader App for Fire” for several years. I like to save my PDF documents to the Acrobat Cloud and have long done so without any trouble.  Just recently, however, the Acrobat Reader App on my Fire tablet no longer permits me to save documents to the cloud or access documents already in the cloud.  I get an error message that says “Unable to connect to the Internet.”  But my secure Internet service is working fine and connected, and all other apps on the tablet that use the Internet do so without
problem.

I have tried uninstalling the Acrobat Reader App and then reinstalling it, but I continue to get the error message.  I also notice on the product reviews in the Amazon App Store that another owner of the Fire 7 is having the same problem. 

I wonder if there is a fix for this issue that someone can tell me about (??).  Without access to the cloud, the app becomes largely useless.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theodoreg,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused.

As mentioned about the Adobe Cloud storage, so I believe you are trying to access the Document Cloud storage of Adobe Reader mobile app.

Check with a different internet connection if you have, probably the particular network is blocking the connection.

For testing, check if you can access the "Document Cloud" storage online via- https://cloud.acrobat.com/recent

Also, Sign Out and Sign In back in the application to see if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha --  Before I posted the above request for help, I tried multiple Internet connections.  The Adobe Acrobat App on my Fire tablet would not connect to any of them.  I keep getting the message "Unable to connect to the Internet. Please try again."  Yet, all other apps on the device work fine and connect fine.  And yes, I can sign into the Acrobat Document Cloud fine from my PC and other devices (e.g., my smartphone) from my secure home Internet, as well as any other Internet services (e.g., at the local library). It is only on the Fire tablet the Acrobat Reader app won't connect.  This connection problem only started recently.  I have had the app on my Fire for several years, and it always worked fine until now.  --  As noted, I also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, but this did not solve the problem.  I can still use the app to read PDF documents that are "local" on the device.  The issue is that I cannot access documents stored on the Cloud or save new ones to the Cloud.  Instead, I have to use my PC or phone to do these tasks.  That is a nuisance, as I normally only have the Fire table with me when I am away from home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Kindle Fire HD 7 and I'm having the exact same problem. I have an older Kindle Fire, 4th generation, but all of my software is updated. I tried on multiple connections and even removed and re-downloaded the Adobe app. All of my PDFs are saved on Adobe DC so I can't access them on here, it's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, Here is a link to a related thread.

Re: Unable to log in on app on Kindle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fatunga

FYI, Here is a link to a related thread.

Thanks. Already commented there as well.

The way I'm reading the evidence so far is as follows:

It's a tiny sample size, but it seems to me that those of us who are having this problem are using Fire tablets that have been discontinued by Amazon. I'm sure there hasn't been an OS update for my Fire 8.9 in years. I suspect that because the latest Adobe Reader no longer supports that version of Android (4.03), Amazon limits my Fire to an older version of Adobe reader, which worked fine as of a month or so ago. I suspect that either Adobe made some change to Document Cloud around then that required an update to the Reader app, or that Amazon closed one or more network ports to older OSes, or both. In any case, those of us stuck with older versions of Reader and/or FireOS are SOL.

I'll be pleasantly shocked if management at Adobe or Amazon decides to devote any resources to fix this. I suspect Adobe may retire Document Cloud anyway in favor of Dropbox + Creative Cloud, two options that now appear in Adobe Reader on my Nexus 7 tablet (but of course not on the older version on my Fire tablet) in addition to Document Cloud.

Fire tablet status by model is listed here: Fire HD - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe reader on kindle fire seems to be incompatible with Amazon's proxy. It also presents a dialog to activate "Mobile Link", which was retired years ago! Something went very wrong weeks ago and adobe seems to be unaware of it still, or is simply indifferent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the exact same issue with my Kindle 8.9 HDX. After a couple of hours of being given the run around by Amazon and Adobe - both which tried to help - but neither of which seemed to know the real story, the Android version on the older Kindles do not support Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro DC. My new Kindle Fire 10-2017 has no problems. With the older Kindles, you can access the local files with Adobe Acrobat and the cloud files via Amazon Silk with https://cloud.acrobat.com/recent​ . (You have to log on using your Adobe signon and all of your cloudfiles will be available and can be read on Silk. Your only option at this point, if you still want a smaller Kindle, is to buy a new Fire. We are living in the age of fast product cycles...sometimes the good old days look pretty good (unless you need medical care, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines