• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have created a PDF form with picture attachment field, but it doesn't work on iPhone

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a simple one page PDF form using Acrobat Pro, with a few basic fields, a picture attachment field, and a submit via email field (action > mailto:joe@bob.com).

The form works fine on a PC. The basic fields, the attachment field, and the submit button all work correctly. However, when opened on an iPhone, only the basic fields work. The picture attachment field does not work, neither does the submit button.

I've opened it in different ways on the iPhone and tried several times. I have the actual Acrobat Reader app and also the Fill and Sign app installed on my iPhone. I've tried it different ways using those apps. Nothing I've tried works.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adeyhimi,

As you are trying to add an image to the form field in the PDF form, sorry to say that this functionality is not supported on the mobile application.

You may try the workaround provided in this forum link How to insert a photo into an image field within an acrobat form on an iPad.

Check if that works for you.

The submit button to send a form to an email do work in the mobile application.

Please take help of the steps mentioned here Setting action buttons in PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat to create a submit button.

When you add action to the submit button, please make sure that there is no space in between "mailto:abc@abc.com".

If you still an experience with the submit button, please share the exact steps you do to create the button.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adeyhimi,

As you are trying to add an image to the form field in the PDF form, sorry to say that this functionality is not supported on the mobile application.

You may try the workaround provided in this forum link How to insert a photo into an image field within an acrobat form on an iPad.

Check if that works for you.

The submit button to send a form to an email do work in the mobile application.

Please take help of the steps mentioned here Setting action buttons in PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat to create a submit button.

When you add action to the submit button, please make sure that there is no space in between "mailto:abc@abc.com".

If you still an experience with the submit button, please share the exact steps you do to create the button.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't this supported? Why are we living like it is 20 years ago? This should be an easy feature and needs to be supported since most people we send forms to utilize on their mobile devices. This is why people are going to JotForms and bypassing Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default3gqbkaal97tj,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader Mobile.

We are constantly evolving the experience you have with the application and would love to hear your feedback. Please fill out the form: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ so your feedback reaches our product team for review and implementation in future updates.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this post is nearly 4 years old, has this been corrected yet? Making a similar form and I want to insert a photo on Ipad/Iphone and I am unable. Hopefully I am just doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And 2 MORE years later and there is still no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @adeyhimi,

Thanks for writing in! 

This feature requires JavaScript embedding on the basic levels which is not supported on the mobile version of Acrobat Reader. 

While I understand how important this feature could be, there are only workarounds available at the moment. 

One workaround can be found in the above community link shared. The other would be to go to edit mode and add an image from the gallery.

However, I would request you to add this as a feature request here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Once done, share the same request link as a reply and I would take this to the team for review and future implementations.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines