• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have problem opening my apps in ipad after updating the apps (18.09.14) and iOS 12. I can only see loading sign in the interface and there’s no files shown on it. What should I do?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem opening my apps in ipad after updating the apps (18.09.14) and iOS 12. I can only see loading sign in the interface and there’s no files shown on it. Even when my friends airdrop a file to me, I also can’t open it through adobe. What should I do? If I delete and download again , will all my files disappear? Cause previously I didn’t upload to adobe cloud , so it’s just saved in my ipad.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi junyiing 3571,

Sorry to hear that Acrobat 18.09.14 did not fix the problem you've experienced.

Most users (who reported the problem via the online Bug Report form) confirmed that the freeze/hang problem (showing a progress ring) at startup was fixed in 18.09.14.  However, some users still continue to have the same problem even after updating to 18.09.14.  We suspect that the users with a large number of local documents are still having performance issues with Acrobat 18.09.14.

Would you please help us by following the steps below and providing more information?

1. Go to iOS Settings > General > iPad Storage.
  2. Scroll down to find Acrobat in the list.
  3. Tap Acrobat.

What is the Acrobat version?  What are the values of "App Size" and "Documents & Data"?

Do you have a large number of documents stored locally on your iPad?

You are right.  If you uninstall Acrobat, you will lose all of your app data (including locally stored documents) and preferences.

If you have relatively recent iCloud backup before the Acrobat update, you can restore it to go back to the previous state.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

(You may also want to disable automatic app updates so that Acrobat on your iPad will not be automatically updated to 18.09.14 again.)

However, it could be a very time-consuming process.

If you have a Windows or Mac desktop computer, it would be much faster to use the iTunes desktop app to back up and restore only your documents that are stored on your iPad.

1. Back up your documents in Acrobat on your iPad.
    How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes
  2. Uninstall Acrobat only after you confirm that your documents are backed up on your computer without any problems.
  3. Download and install Acrobat from the App Store.
  4. Restore a few documents.  (The important point here is to see if Acrobat freezes/hangs with a small number of documents.)
  5. Launch Acrobat.
  6. Repeat Steps 4-5.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your help and patience.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi junyiing 3571,

Sorry to hear that Acrobat 18.09.14 did not fix the problem you've experienced.

Most users (who reported the problem via the online Bug Report form) confirmed that the freeze/hang problem (showing a progress ring) at startup was fixed in 18.09.14.  However, some users still continue to have the same problem even after updating to 18.09.14.  We suspect that the users with a large number of local documents are still having performance issues with Acrobat 18.09.14.

Would you please help us by following the steps below and providing more information?

1. Go to iOS Settings > General > iPad Storage.
  2. Scroll down to find Acrobat in the list.
  3. Tap Acrobat.

What is the Acrobat version?  What are the values of "App Size" and "Documents & Data"?

Do you have a large number of documents stored locally on your iPad?

You are right.  If you uninstall Acrobat, you will lose all of your app data (including locally stored documents) and preferences.

If you have relatively recent iCloud backup before the Acrobat update, you can restore it to go back to the previous state.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

(You may also want to disable automatic app updates so that Acrobat on your iPad will not be automatically updated to 18.09.14 again.)

However, it could be a very time-consuming process.

If you have a Windows or Mac desktop computer, it would be much faster to use the iTunes desktop app to back up and restore only your documents that are stored on your iPad.

1. Back up your documents in Acrobat on your iPad.
    How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes
  2. Uninstall Acrobat only after you confirm that your documents are backed up on your computer without any problems.
  3. Download and install Acrobat from the App Store.
  4. Restore a few documents.  (The important point here is to see if Acrobat freezes/hangs with a small number of documents.)
  5. Launch Acrobat.
  6. Repeat Steps 4-5.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines