• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inability to add password protection on iPhone and iPad

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to add or remove password protection to and from PDF's using Adobe's own app. It's a major headache and people have to use third party apps. I often add the encryption to sensitive documents I've scanned using another app, but now there's no way to remove it if I wanted to, because I delete them from the other app once I've uploaded it to Adobe. And other documents I've scanned and uploaded I want to add encryption to later, I cannot do that either. I'm very anxious trying to decide if I should or shouldn't add it since I only have one chance for the rest of my life. I have no computer as many people don't these days. Could you please add the ability make a password and turn encryption on/off for each PDF in your app? Sometimes I might want it on and other times I don't -- when sending it to certain sources, etc.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only possible with a subscription.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread addresses how to add password protection not how to remove it with the mobile app. And in order to use that feature you need to sign in with the AdobeID associated to an active paid subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

What this feature does is to save a copy of the original file with a password. The password-protected copy will need the set passowrd to open while the original file is not password-protected. To fully remove a password on the saved copy you will need the full desktop version of Acrobat Pro DC, I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nelson.wp,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We appreciate your feedback. Currently, the feature is not available in Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application.

You can fill the feature request form for the same here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously how has this not been added yet!!!!!! I can add a password in non adobe programs this is so ridiculous 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why want you add password protection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd.

The last update actually featured password protection to protect the files that you don't want other users from opening unless they know the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only possible with a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not. Where is the option to remove the password from a PDF via Adobe Acrobat on iPad Pro. PLEASE do enlighten me, because I cannot find the option at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread addresses how to add password protection not how to remove it with the mobile app. And in order to use that feature you need to sign in with the AdobeID associated to an active paid subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

What this feature does is to save a copy of the original file with a password. The password-protected copy will need the set passowrd to open while the original file is not password-protected. To fully remove a password on the saved copy you will need the full desktop version of Acrobat Pro DC, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines