• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Input text not saving

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘ve recently started using this app on iOS 12.1. I select edit, create a text box, enter text, create another box, etc. At the end I select done. All the content is there. I navigate away to another app, come back to my pdf and it’s a gamble if any of the input text saved. Sometimes one field. Sometimes none. Since I‘m doing this inside a journaling PDF, this is beyond frustrating. At this point I can’t use or rely on the app. Any thoughts of what’s going wrong??

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED: Yesterday‘s iOS app update appears to have fixed the problem. It was even listed in the bug fixes. So I wasn’t crazy and not sure why this issue wasn’t being reported everywhere!!

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deeezeee,

As per the issue description mentioned above, changes on the pdf are not saved when reopening the pdf in acrobat reader, is that correct?

Could you let us know if the pdf file you are trying to edit is located on the device or in cloud/dropbox?

Does this happen with a specific pdf file? Have you tried with another pdf file?

Also, let us know dot version of acrobat installed on the device? You may refer to the steps given in the following help document for the same: Working with PDF — Acrobat Reader Mobile App

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the text I add to the PDF via edit and a text box vanishes. It has happened with the two different PDFs I am using on my iPhone. They are not in the cloud.  I am on the most recent version, 18.11.01.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deeezeee,

Thanks for the info. Make sure you are tapping "Done" in the top-left corner after adding text on the pdf. Also, if you are connected to wifi, try switching to mobile data and try again. Also, try Rebooting the device once if you haven't already and check if that helps.

I also tried replicating the issue but the issue was not reproducible.

You may also refer to the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Re: Pdf files doesn’t save highlighting and last visited page after most recent update. I’m using iO...

-shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to save text last night after turning off wi-fi and sitting on the ‘finished’ page for awhile before navigating away from the app. This morning I also turned off wi-fi, but didn’t hang around in the app after hitting done. I closed the app and when I reopened it, all my text was gone except the first two text boxes. Is there an amount of time it takes to save?? And why does it matter if it’s cell or wi-fi if the PDF is local on my device or does this application rely on the cloud even if I’m not syncing if with a computer? Thanks for trying to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED: Yesterday‘s iOS app update appears to have fixed the problem. It was even listed in the bug fixes. So I wasn’t crazy and not sure why this issue wasn’t being reported everywhere!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines