• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive buttons not working on mobile pdf readers

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a decision tree form and everything works fine on the desktop version of adobe reader, but I can't get the buttons to work on mobile devices. Depending on the device/reader, the buttons might not even show up, or they will show up but do nothing. I am using buttons that hyperlink to another part of the document and have the following code:

this.getField("number").value = "01"

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Android , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The apps on mobile readers go from "not able to handle forms" to "limited JavaScript support". One needs to go over each action's code and see if the  code is supported by the app that is being used.

See JavaScript API reference for JavaScript support in the Adobe Mobile Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the API reference, and I think that it says my code should be supported. I have a blank text field "number" that the button is writing to. It works just fine on the desktop version, so the code itself should be fine. I was using the android version of adobe reader that I downloaded earlier today but it wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an odd problem. I've created an interactive pdf in InDesign with some basic hyperlinks to different pages. When I create the hyperlinks through the buttons and forms option the links work in Adobe Reader on a desktop but not on the Android phone. If I create the links through a basic 'edit hyperlink' directly from the object/button to a destination page without going through the buttons and forms panel, the links work on the Android pdf but not on the computer (iMac/Sierra). It looks like I have to create two documents to work on both which is not really what I want. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

PS. The links through 'buttons and forms' work in EPUB preview in inDesign, the other option, (that works on the Android) doesn't work in the EPUB viewer. Sorry for any confusion : ) Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark
I had this problem too, I definitely did not want to create two different documents - especially because we get audited in our work. I solved this by creating a styled object that has two buttons. One for the phone and one for the desktop. It's not perfect but it does allow one document to achieve a common goal

button.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phils,

Can you please show me how to create a styled button? I'm having the same issue here... We have a product catalogue made from Indesign and exported as interactive pdf. It works fine when viewed on the computer, but on mobile devices, it just doesn't work. I don't know how to make the button work for mobile devices as well, I tried changing the event to "Tap/Release" but still nothing happened. 😞

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Same problem that i have, Did you find a soluation until now?

Waiting your replay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared,

A workaround that worked for me when trying to create an interactive catalog for our company was to create the pages as images (using Photoshop in my case) and compile them as a cohesive catalog in PowerPoint (2016 in my case). PowerP

oint allows the creation of custome action buttons similar to Acrobat and once you have set it up the way you want, export as 'Adobe PDF' from Powerpoint. The resulting document was interactive on both my Android Phone as well as on my laptop.

Yours is a form as i understand, and PowerPoint does allow creation of forms however, how well they are exported and the specific functionality in your case, i cannot say for sure. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This actually worked! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of this answers the question. Why don't action buttons work in acrobat reader? I have an extensive form that uses JavaScript and buttons created with actions. They are not working in the latest version of reader, why not?

Can someone from adobe please answer this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines