Exit

iPad Adobe Acrobat Reader: cache x cloud

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ENG

Hi

I'm having trouble with Adobe Acrobat Reader (17.01.31) for iPad.

I'm using it to sync my pdf's from Dropbox. Every time I use the highlight tool on iPad and save the changes, it synchronises perfectly to my Dropbox and I can continue my work on my PC. But whenever I use the highlight tool on Reader for PC, save and sync to Dropbox, my iPad doesn't keep up with the new changes. Even though the file is correctly saved on Dropbox, the app for iPad doesn't update the file. I always have to change the file name so it can keep it up. It feels like the cache on Reader for iPad is so stiff that even when the file changes through the cloud it keeps opening the last saved file that it knows, just showing the latest changes that I made on iPad.

Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you.

PT-BR

Olá

Estou com problemas com o Adobe Acrobat Reader (17.01.31) para iPad.

Eu uso o leitor para sincronizar meus pdf's com o Dropbox. Sempre que uso a ferramenta marca texto no iPad, e salvo as alterações no documento, ele sincroniza perfeitamente com o Dropbox, de forma que posso continuar o trabalho no PC de onde parei. Mas sempre que uso o marca texto e salvo meu trabalho no Reader do PC e sincronizo no Dropbox, o iPad não me traz as alterações que fiz no PC. Os arquivos ficam salvos corretamente no Dropbox, mas o app do Reader no iPad não atualiza ele. Se eu salvar com outro nome no PC, ele aparece no app do tablet e fica atualizado, mas eu não gostaria de criar um arquivo a cada salvamento. Me da a impressão que o cache do Reader para iPad é tão engessado que mesmo trocando o arquivo (data de modificação, tamanho do arquivo,...), se o nome do arquivo é o mesmo ele usa a ultima alteração em cache que ele conhece e nem procura na nuvem por alterações mais novas.

Será que estou fazendo algo errado? Alguém pode ajudar?

Muito obrigado.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bzaraujo​,

Would you please provide more details about how you are using Dropbox with Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPhone?

Have you already linked to Dropbox in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPhone using the following steps?

1. Open the Location Switcher by tapping the blue text button in the top bar in the file browser.
  2. Tap Dropbox ADD.
    DropboxLinking1.png
  3. Tap Allow in the Dropbox prompt.
    DropboxLinking2.png
  4. Tap OK.
    DropboxLinking3.png
  5. Open a PDF document via the Dropbox file browser in Acrobat Reader on your iPad.

If you have made changes to the same document (on your Dropbox storage) using the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on your PC, please close the document in Acrobat Reader on your iPad and reopen it.  You should see the latest version of the PDF document in Acrobat Reader on your iPad.

Or do you open a PDF document differently?  For example, do you open a PDF document in the Dropbox app on your iPad and use Export > Open in... > "Copy to Adobe Acrobat" to open it in Acrobat Reader?  This will not work for you because Dropbox creates a copy of your PDF document, not the PDF document on your Dropbox storage.

Please let us know the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your fast response.

The account is already set, and that's just how I'm using it. Whenever I change the pdf in my tablet, it syncs great to Dropbox. The thing is, when I modify the file on Reader for PC, later on, it syncs to the cloud just fine, but the file on iPad doesn't sync 100%. The date of the file updates, but when I open it shows me the latest version the tablet worked on, without the highliths I saved on PC. Feels like the cache doesn't bring the updated file from the cloud, just uses the file it was already there, ignoring that it could have been changed on other devices (even that the date of the file states otherwise). It doesn't show me the "loading file" status bar that shows it is bringing the file from the cloud, just goes straight to the last known version of the pdf I've worked locally (on iPad).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the problem myself.

What is the size of the PDF document?  Do you have the same problem with other documents (large and small in file size) on Dropbox?

For troubleshooting, would you please upload the same PDF document to Adobe Document Cloud (instead of Dropbox) and see if you experience the same caching problem?

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

My files are about 2mb.

That's fine, I'll work around the problem, no biggie. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines