• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ipad doesn't hightlight or comment when pdf is password protected

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot highlight or comment on a pdf that is password protected on my ipad.  I can comment and highlight on my windows devices when using Adobe DC Reader but not on the ipad.  the only way I can comment or highlight is if the pdf is not protected.   Any way to fix that? 

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rowens,

As you have mentioned that the PDF is password protected, you will not be able to edit or annotate PDF on the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Acrobat Reader mobile application(iOS and Android) has some known limitation, where the changes cannot be saved on the protected PDFs.

You will be able to open the file, however, cannot make any changes( adding comments or filling the form fields) to it.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any information would be greatly appreciated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rowens,

As you have mentioned that the PDF is password protected, you will not be able to edit or annotate PDF on the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Acrobat Reader mobile application(iOS and Android) has some known limitation, where the changes cannot be saved on the protected PDFs.

You will be able to open the file, however, cannot make any changes( adding comments or filling the form fields) to it.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines