Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad-GDrive to Reader: Document has been modified

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I run numerous iPads in order to edit editable PDFs in Google Drive. I have had no issue with iPad mini 4s & iPad mini 2s until now. Since the updates to IOS and the new version of Acrobat Reader most of the PDFs that we try to open in Drive display the pop up "Document has been modified: This document has been modified outside of Acrobat. Do you want to create a local copy? Options: "Create a local copy" or "close"" (Screen shot attached). Unfortunately we want to continue our work flow where no local copy is needed but they edit the document live in the Drive. When I open up the files to select in the reader, displayed by Drive there are multiple icons. Documents that possess a "Thumbnail preview" (Screen shot attached) are editable and open fine, while those with a "white page PDF" icon (Screen shot attached) are not and the pop up error is displayed. Please let me know if this is a technical issue on your end, or any steps I could make to change this.

Adobe_Error.JPG

Screenshot_Acrobat_Icons.JPG

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi jasond84376924,

Acrobat Reader 17.10.31 is available now in App Store and it should resolve the issue you have experienced. Could you please try to update the latest version of Acrobat Reader to see if it works for you?

Thank you for you patience

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi jasond84376924,

Acrobat Reader 17.10.31 is available now in App Store and it should resolve the issue you have experienced. Could you please try to update the latest version of Acrobat Reader to see if it works for you?

Thank you for you patience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines