Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ipad signature appearing behind text field

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Reader on my iPAD. I ask my clients to sign a Form using my Apple Pencil. I then save the file and upload to iCloud. When I use my Windows 10 laptop to view the file, the signature is appearing behind the signature text field for some reason. When I view on my iPAD the signature is clearly visible. This has only started to happen to me this week and has been working fine for over a year...any ideas?

Thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Darrenh,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader on Windows 10 machine.

Are you experiencing this issue with one specific PDF file or with all the files? have you tried adding a signature to another PDF file on your iPad and then checked on your Windows 10 machine?

Do you experience this issue after downloading the PDF file on Windows 10 machine from Document Cloud and open it with Adobe Reader desktop application?

What is the version of Adobe Reader installed on the Windows 10 machine? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader 19.010.20098 installed, check for any pending updates from help menu>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and check.

If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? If yes, please share the file through private/direct message only. To send a private message, please refer to the article How Do I Send Private Message

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andand

Comments in line:

Are you experiencing this issue with one specific PDF file or with all the files? have you tried adding a signature to another PDF file on your iPad and then checked on your Windows 10 machine?

> Appears to be working on another PDF file ok. Seems to be related to a 'text field' embedded within a PDF and signing over this digitally. If I sign on a separate PDF it is fine.

Do you experience this issue after downloading the PDF file on Windows 10 machine from Document Cloud and open it with Adobe Reader desktop application?

Yes. Adobe on iPad, document signed with Apple Pencil. Save document to OneDrive. Then open from Adobe on Windows laptop, the signature is behind the text field. However when I reopen on the iPad it is fine.

What is the version of Adobe Reader installed on the Windows 10 machine? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

19.010.20098 is installed.

Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader 19.010.20098 installed, check for any pending updates from help menu>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader and check.

If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? Seems to be specific to one PDF file. I will send two PDFs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines