• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to copy highlighted text to comment window? Android

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've set up my adobe acrobat pro so that it copies text into a comment when I highlight it. I have tried to setup the android app in the same way, but the highlight tool is not copying the text over to the comment. It is only highlighting the text and adding an empty comment on the comment section. I've tried this with several PDF's and it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to fix this or if this is even possible?

[Title renamed by the moderator]

TOPICS
Android , Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giyi,

It seems that you are referring to copy the text to comment window that you higlight in the PDF. It is not possible in the mobile application. You need to manually add notes in the comment window for the highlighted text.

The mobile application has some limitation and it does not work in the similar way as the desktop application.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giyi,

It seems that you are referring to copy the text to comment window that you higlight in the PDF. It is not possible in the mobile application. You need to manually add notes in the comment window for the highlighted text.

The mobile application has some limitation and it does not work in the similar way as the desktop application.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in the desktop app. In previous versions of Acrobat, highlighted text automatically appeared in the Comments window. I'm in a doc now that I've had for a while and had annotated in a previous version of Acrobat. All the highlighted text is there in the Comments window, but when I highlight some new text, all that appears in the Comments is "Highlighted text."

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting I can change or something to bring back this feature? I rely on it heavily and the robustness of it has been one of the years I've kept paying for Acrobat all these years. PLEASE don't let it be true that Adobe has "unimproved" Acrobat and taken away this feature!

(Also, it worked great on my iPad, unlike other [cheaper] PDF annotation apps. I haven't tried the new version. I also hope this feature hasn't been lost there!)

Thanks in advance,

Nathaniel

[Running Catalina OS on a 2019 MacBook Pro with Acrobat 2020.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. I think deferring the lack of this very important feature to the so-called limitations of iPadOS is not a good business strategy. Please, pay attention to our demands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iOS user here,

Can't agree with you more! Let's all make a request to this feature  (acrobat mobile auto copy highlight text to comment) and hopefully Adobe team would listen to us!

Make request here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ray! I just submitted my request. But the fact that we have yet to see any support or proactive attention from the Adobe team makes me think that either their PR is extremely dysfucntional or they really don't care about their Apple customers. Event the fact that they have yet to adapt their software to Apple's now pretty settled "full window vs zoom" interface on MacOS makes it so obvious that they really don't care about their customers.

I guess Apple should explicitly force Adobe to listen to us, and this is not fair as I believe Adobe must have more Apple customers than Windows customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ray for the link and verbage for the feature request. I'm so frustrated that I can only export a comments summary on the desktop version - and then to find out on mobile I cannot enable highlighting to create a comment either... ughhhhhhh. What is the point of reading on my iPad if all of my annotations are confined there?? Also frustrated there is no way to retroactively create comments from all of my highlights in PDFs I've read over the last 3 years of my graduate program... it's like they didn't do a user profile or persona. Or if they did, they haven't done another round of sampling. SMH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible; however, multiple steps are necessary.

1. Mark the text

2. Copy it (from the pop-up menu)

3. Click on the symbol that ends marked text - pop-up menu should show again

4. Highlight marked text (from the pop-up menu)

5. Click highlighted text - comment window should open

6. Press and hold on the comment line and click "Paste".

That's all.

I'm sure that it would be straightforward to implement into the app. As you can see, all functions are available. They only have to merge them into a one-click icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines