• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to edit fillable PDFs in the mobile app of Adobe Acrobat?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking time to read this. I currently have been experiencing a problem, and I want to see if it is something I'm doing wrong.

I currently have a few PDF files on my computer for the Pathfinder table-top game. I can edit the fillable section on Windows 8 and Windows 10 Pcs with no issues on Adobe Acrobat.

I just recently bought an Android phone (LG V30) and pulled the PDFs from my cloud to the phone so I can start using them on there. However, the mobile app on Android will freeze whenever I type something in the fi.lable areas then try to click anywhere else to leave that particular form.

I then just also bought an Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A) and tried the app on that, thinking that maybe the phone was the issue. The same issue applies on the tablet as it did on the phone. I tired this with multiple PDF files on both the phone and the tablet.

Both devices are fully up to date, and they have the newest update for Adobe Acrobat Reader. Since I can read and exit the fillable forms on Windows Pcs and not on Android platforms, I wanted to know if it is possible to do so. I admit, I downloaded another app (Zodo PDF Reader) and it works perfectly fine on there. I would much rather stick with Adobe since I love all their products and have been using them in graphic design for years. Please let me know if there's anything I'm doing wrong or what I may be able to do to help fix the problem. Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wolfxgs,

As you have mentioned above, the fillable PDF form is not working in the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Could you please let us know how exactly the form was created?

Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application has some limitation. It cannot work in a similar way as the desktop application.

We could not say anything without checking the document that you are trying to open on the mobile application.

Is it possible to share the file with us? Use the steps provided here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud.

If you are not comfortable sharing the file on the public forum, you can initiate a private message to share the file using the steps mentioned here How Do I Send Private Message

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wolfxgs,

As you have mentioned above, the fillable PDF form is not working in the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Could you please let us know how exactly the form was created?

Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application has some limitation. It cannot work in a similar way as the desktop application.

We could not say anything without checking the document that you are trying to open on the mobile application.

Is it possible to share the file with us? Use the steps provided here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud.

If you are not comfortable sharing the file on the public forum, you can initiate a private message to share the file using the steps mentioned here How Do I Send Private Message

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines