Highlighted

Is there a way to "go back" on Acrobat Reader for Android?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to "go back" on Acrobat Reader for Android? ALT+arrow-left does not exist on the keyboard of my phone/tablet. It would be very helpful if it were possible to "go back". Having to create a bookmark before following a link and then remembering which bookmark it was it very tedious.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to "go back" on Acrobat Reader for Android?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to "go back" on Acrobat Reader for Android? ALT+arrow-left does not exist on the keyboard of my phone/tablet. It would be very helpful if it were possible to "go back". Having to create a bookmark before following a link and then remembering which bookmark it was it very tedious.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader on my IOS devices has a back button, but I don't have any Android devices so I can't check. I found this help documentation for Reader on Android, and there is an option Go to Page > Go to Last Viewed that sounds like it will work.

Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Navigation

If you need more info than that, we should move your question from the Adobe FrameMaker forum to the Adobe Reader forum.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb. You are correct, if I click on the "thumb" to get the "go to" menu then the "go to last viewed" works, but (unlke ALT+LeftArrow) it does not allow you to "go back" more than once. In other words, if I am reading at location (A) follow a link to location (B) and then follow another link on (B) to location (C) then I can go back from (C) to (B), but then it does not offer a "go  back to last viewed" option to go back to (A).

How do I move the question to the Adobe Reader forum (or should it be the Acrobat forum, then name of the Android app is "Acrobat Reader" which is confusing)?

-Tony-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2018 1
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not super familiar with Reader on Android, but can't you enable the toolbar Barb mentions in her post #2?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 1
Advocate ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont't have Adobe Reader on my Android (FairPhone2), but the Document Viewer (fork of the last GPL version of EBookDroid) which allows to read pdf, djVu, XPS cbz and FictionBook.

GoBack in a pdf is possible via the standard Back button (Triangle to the left of the circle and square icons at the bottom). IMHO a pdf reader should also use this button for Go Back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Back" button leaves the document altogether and goes back to the document selection menu.

I also have numerous other PDF readers, all with different problems!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2018 0
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony:

I'll move it over there for you now. It's the same thread, but those volunteering in the Reader forum will be able to chime in.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2018 0