• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue Opening Embedded Attachments on IPad Reader

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF file using Acrobat DC with embedded attachments.  The links to the attachments are working just fine on a PC, but when I try to open them on an IPad or IPhone, the links don't work and the attachments don't launch.  I tried using the Acrobat Reader App on IPad as well and it's the same issue.  I am using the latest version of iOS 10.1.1.  Can anyone help me fix this issue?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannonb86629734,

Could you please let us know what is the exact location of source file ( created PDF) or where did you save it?

Please help us sharing the exact steps that you have followed?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I have encountered the same problem as the initial poster. I have created a PDF using Acrobat Pro (V2015.23.20056) and saved it to my hard drive. The PDF includes three embedded PDF attachments which I have added using the Add Attachment feature. In the main PDF, I have created links to specific pages in the embedded PDFs.  The links work just fine on my desktop.

I have Acrobat Reader (V 17.01.31) installed on my iPad and I dragged the files from my hard drive into the Reader using the file sharing window on iTunes. I can open the PDF and access the attachments using Reader, but the links from the main PDF to the pages in the attachments do not show up or work.

Any ideas?

Jodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi shannonb86629734 and jodiev,

I'd like to understand how the PDF with embedded attachments created with the Acrobat DC/Pro. Are you using the "Edit PDF"->"Link" tool to create a document link to open a document from your machine? If it is the case, unfortunately, the current Acrobat iOS version is not able to recognize the link despite the linked document is on your iOS device, hence the linked document will not be opened as expected.

May I suggest an alternative option is that in Acrobat DC/Pro to open the "Attachments" pane from the menu bar "View"->"Show/Hide"->"Navigation panes"->"Attachments", then click the "Add a new attachment" icon located closed to the top of the "Attachments" pane to attach any document and saved the PDF (or saved to your Document Cloud account). Copy the saved PDF to your iOS device (or sign in to your Document Cloud account) and open the PDF, tap on the "Attachments" icon at the right most of the bottom toolbar to open attachments list. And now, you should be able to open the attached documents.

Hope this works for you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek,

Thank you for the explanations. Unfortunately, I was hoping that the links would open on my iPad as described in your first scenario - from the main document to a specific location in an attachment. I hope Adobe considers adding this feature in a future Acrobat iOS version.

Jodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines