• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Adobe Acrocbat reader has changed all stored PDFs into?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what  is going on with the new Adobe reader on iOS  all the Red Adobe icons for my files dating back years have disappeared and been turned into grey ones that apparently I can only share using the Internet.

i am now quietly furious as I have lost hundreds of PDFs stored locally on my iPad.

Is this obsession for using cloud based technology together with subscription activated apps just a grab for revenu.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamesd67267130​,

If you simply updated to the new version and did not uninstall Acrobat, all of your documents on your iPad should still be intact.

The Home screen displays the recently opened documents only.

Would you please go to Files > Locations > On This iPad (which is new "Local") and see if you find your local documents?

Acrobat Locations iPad.png

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi yes thanks for the reply  it kind advances things but yes I did make the mistake of deleting the app and re-installing it in the hope that it might return all of my PDFs as  RED icon adobe files

wrong I see that now. Now desperately trying to restore iPad from iTunes backup but not sure that will work.  And it definitely won’t save the hundred pages that I just scanned it yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines