Exit

Letters "Fi" not seen in Reading mode

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem:

I have an ebook which is missing "fi" and "fl" in reading mode.

I have a Xiaomi mi 6 with Android 7.1.1 and Adobe Acrobat 17.5.180092.

I can share the file if you tell me where to send it to. Unfortunately, this file is in German.

Regards

Wolfram Haußig

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Therealgherson,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have tried to replicate the issue on our end with the file that you have shared above.

The document opens fine in the Reading mode and the text with "Fi" appears in the document without any issue.

Would you mind updating the application and check if the issue still occurs?

Please try once to check the document on an alternate device. Check if you can replicate the issue.

Also, check if you experience this issue with some particular document or with all.

We will be waiting for your response.

If the issue is already resolved, please update the thread.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wolfram,

I have tried to replicate the issue at my end in the same environment and it shows the text with "fi" and "fl" properly.

Could you please check if this is an issue with some particular files or with every file that you open on the mobile application.

It would be helpful if you can share the file. Please refer the steps mentioned hereHow to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud to share the file.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wolfram,

Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing the issue or it is resolved.

If the issue still there, I would suggest you that to update the application to the latest version available.

Then check if PDFs open fine after that.

If you need any help, let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Adobe Reader installed 18.5.1.8310 installed recently on a ZTE Blade SPARK Z971. 

A document that in Continuous mode etc appears fine, in Reading mode presents with a large # of clipped f-words, eg, "xed" appears for "fixed" throughout (same as happens if the document text is copy and pasted, which is perhaps a clue). 

Please fix because without a way to read in Reader while holding my phone horizontally, I have to use Reading mode to be able to see any line of text without scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Therealgherson,

We have tried to replicate the issue on our end with the file that you have shared above.

The document opens fine in the Reading mode and the text with "Fi" appears in the document without any issue.

Would you mind updating the application and check if the issue still occurs?

Please try once to check the document on an alternate device. Check if you can replicate the issue.

Also, check if you experience this issue with some particular document or with all.

We will be waiting for your response.

If the issue is already resolved, please update the thread.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines